Quantcast

Leatt Brace HELP Please!!

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
I currently have both the small and medium sized Leatt DBX Comp ii braces in my possession. Ordered the med but it felt too big on the smallest setting and ordered the small but i have no clue. I am around 6' 2" and 155lbs (skinny-ish). The small fits somewhat snug on the chest and back, but is also touching the collarbone. The medium leaves quite a large gap between the top of the thoractic strut and my back. But, it does steer clear of most of my collarbone and does not fit snug. I will post pics of both on if need be...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I currently have both the small and medium sized Leatt DBX Comp ii braces in my possession. Ordered the med but it felt too big on the smallest setting and ordered the small but i have no clue. I am around 6' 2" and 155lbs (skinny-ish). The small fits somewhat snug on the chest and back, but is also touching the collarbone. The medium leaves quite a large gap between the top of the thoractic strut and my back. But, it does steer clear of most of my collarbone and does not fit snug. I will post pics of both on if need be...
Run the medium. Use the smallest spacer and use the straps to keep it in place. You do not want to use the small one, especially if it is snug. Try using the different thoracic insert that should have come with the adult brace. Mine came with a straight piece and then one with a bend in it.

If you are still having trouble, give leatt a call for more advice.

Matt 891

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Salem, VA
On the medium. Have u adjusted the placement of the thoracic brace?

It bolts into the 'frame' with two plastic spacers. If you move both spacers rearward (inversely, the strut forward) it snugs up the feel. Helped mine considerably. 5ft 10 and a buck fifty