Quantcast

latest project...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
...well, I picked up my new frame late last week. I have the cranks on and that's about it. This is the first fs rig I've owned in years so we'll see what happens. I'll let you guys fire away at this teaser pic.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Here's where I'm currently at:

Medium frame
Sherman breakout plus
FSA Orbit Extreme Headset
Diabolus bars
SIC stem
Hadley 20mm 36h front blk
Hadley 108 pt ti freehub 12x135 36h rear blk
Arrow FRX hoops
DT Champion black spokes
Avids with 8" Hope Gothic rotors
Avid Ultimate Levers
Profiles with ti spindle
Holzfeller Pedals
x.9 rear mech
x.9 trigger
sram 990 cassette
e13 SRS
Thomson post
Salsa flip lock

Don't think I'm leaving much out. I'm currently undecided on tires. I ran minion 2.5s on my ridge and loved them but this new frame is pretty heavy so I'm looking for ways to trim the weight. I'm definitely getting a ti spring once I get it together and determine the weight I need.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
you'll have to wait :)

Believe it or not, I had a pic of the frame and I accidentally deleted it. I'm really hoping to have this thing done by the weekend. If I can get the hoops in by tomorrow or thursday, I can have the wheels done for it in no time. I'll definitely post some pics when she's done and hopefully some "break-in" shots...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Well, it took a week or so to get the hoops in to build the wheels for the splinter. Got the wheels built Saturday, took me a couple hours. I took my time. It was a very smooth build. Here's some pics:

built the rear wheel first

good ole arrow FRXs, my new favorite

champion spokes

brass nips

looking thru the valve stem hole, everything lined up perfectly. li'l blurry

rear wheel pre-stressed and tensioned

front hub's next

front wheel completed

rotor'd up

I didn't get a pic of the bike when it was completed but I do have a break-in pic

I rode some stunts for a few hours yesterday. This bike is a dream. Absolutely no pedal bob, suspension works like magic. By far, the best bike I've ever owned. Props to Sinister Bikes.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Greyhound said:
Sweet frame, Pirate.....you pick that one up off of Dave?
yup. I'm stoked on it. I rode it at that spot where I took the picture, its all jumps that me and james built, but only ride our hardtails out there usually. The foes did fine, it jumps real easily. I'll post up some more pictures of that spot soon, its sweet, definitely excited to get some rides going there.