Quantcast

lapierre

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
looking more into the background on these bikes...any user comments?
A kid on our team had one he liked it. It seemed like it pedaled like mad over rough stuff which i thought was kind of weird after reading other peoples opinions. This was watching him not me actually riding the bike.

Last edited:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I rode an i-drive bike for a few seasons and loved it. This feels the same when cranking. Just quiet and efficient. Aside from that the bike is plush, light as foch, good looking and immediately comfortable. Within the first few runs I was whipping it off a hip and landing in a powerslide. I can't recall doing that on anything else. I really, really liked it. Would rent again.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
the lapierre is one of the only other bikes I would consider apart from my m9.

the suspension seems to work real well in videos.Curious to hear people who own one.

BrianMac

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
Toronto, Canada
the lapierre is one of the only other bikes I would consider apart from my m9.

the suspension seems to work real well in videos.Curious to hear people who own one.
I had an afternoon on Taylor's bike (Rowland see above) at a local bike park. My current ride is a Makulu. The Lapierre had a very similar setup (40s, light wheels) and size. I have an Elka, Taylor's bike had a fox shock.

Comparing the two, the big difference was how well the Lapierre pedaled, incredibly so. The Makulu doesn't suck but I'd say huge. I also felt faster accelerating out of berms, sharper, less compressed if that makes sense. It certainly felt more lively. Jumping again felt more active, a little easier to loft. I've gotten used to a bit more effort with the morewood so perhaps it was just better.

I didn't manage to try much in the way of rocks, big drops and truthfully I also tried to not break the bike so didn't push it too hard.

I really liked it and absolutely recommend it.

Brian