Quantcast

Lance Condition?

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Has anyone heard how Lance Canfield is doing? He was taken away in a chopper at the Rampage with a laceration. Does anyone know if he is out yet, details of the injusry, and how long he will be out for? He was killing the Super T drop most of the weekend. Then had a little spill after landing it. I am really surprised he needed to be evacuated like that and Wade didn't. Wade Simmons had the 2 nastiest crashes I have ever seen and walked away with only a ****ed up ankle from the second crash.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
Oh well the announcer at the Rampage was a total idiot. He said Lance just had a laceration and that was the official word. I thought it was strange that needed a chopper. Oh well thanks for setting me straight.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
He did just a have a pretty gnarly cut, no broken bones as some have said. Krispy said he will be back at work tomorrow...

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
damn... good to hear it's not that bad!

the title of this got me scared... :(

get well soon lance (if you are bored enough to read this)

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Hey Guys
Thanks for the concern. I'm doing all right. The Heli was to be sure I didn't have a broken femur. (life threatening) I have a cut to the bone about 3" wide right above the right knee, I think from the stem but I'm not sure. I had a partial tendon tear and some muscle damage that the orthopedic doc fixed with something like 40 stitches. I will be in a stabilizing brace for a month and maybe another month or two of rehab depending on how I heal up. Back to work today.
Thanks again everybody for the concern
Lance

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
flymybike said:
Hey Guys
Thanks for the concern. I'm doing all right. The Heli was to be sure I didn't have a broken femur. (life threatening) I have a cut to the bone about 3" wide right above the right knee, I think from the stem but I'm not sure. I had a partial tendon tear and some muscle damage that the orthopedic doc fixed with something like 40 stitches. I will be in a stabilizing brace for a month and maybe another month or two of rehab depending on how I heal up. Back to work today.
Lance
Good news Lance!!! Nice to have you come here in person and clear things out :thumb: I'm sure you'll be back in no time!

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
flymybike said:
Hey Guys
Lance
good to hear its not that bad.
heal up fast!

and yes congrats for the 5th place!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
punkassean said:
He did just a have a pretty gnarly cut, no broken bones as some have said. Krispy said he will be back at work tomorrow...
really? That is good news. I was told he broke his femur by some folks who were there. I think even velonews is saying that, good stuff. Much better.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Transcend said:
really? That is good news. I was told he broke his femur by some folks who were there. I think even velonews is saying that, good stuff. Much better.
It is good news he didnt brake his femur, Chris told me basically the same story that lance posted above. Glad to hear youre doing ok Lance. (now get workin' on the WB air fork :thumb: , and whats with the 2 week wait on my DH2.0 my F1 comes friday and im gonna have to gangster a fork from someone for the weekend :mumble: )

Soupboy

Chimp
Oct 12, 2004
...he was back at in the shop at Eko - called and talked to him about a fork.

Sorry, had I known I would have said something...sounds like a pretty nasty frickin' wound.

Heal well and heal quickly.

Sean