Quantcast

Lake Jumping??

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
slcpunk21 said:
Cool pics!

Hope I can try that out some day. (just gotta find a lake) So how'd you guys get the bike back? How deep was the water in the landing?
I have seen bike wrapped in foam (pipe insulation type) that floated.

I was hoping that you could atleast retrieve the bikes off the bottom if you wanted.

Rhino

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
SWEET! now, if i could only convince my buddie's family to put in a ramp down at they're summer house on lake anna (in VA)... i'd be having some fun like that!

very cool.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
RhinofromWA said:
I have seen bike wrapped in foam (pipe insulation type) that floated.

I was hoping that you could atleast retrieve the bikes off the bottom if you wanted.

Rhino
No, I know of many ways to get the bike back like that (2 liter plastic bodles) taped to the frame is supposed to work better than anything, from what I've been told.

Just looking at the pics and they have nothing attatched to the bike... so either they are launching that high and landing in shallow water, got some scuba gear on to go get it. :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I know they didn't have anything on thier bikes...I am curious too. :)

I was thinking real heavy test line and a strong fishing pole. :D lol zzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *spash* clink WrrwrrrwrrzZzwrrrwrrwrwrzZz wrrr hahaha

I just don't have a bike I hate that much to jump it into a lake...gotta be a POS. :)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I hate lake jumping. watching others do it is a good time though.:D

we used to use a jacket for water skiing or whatever, tied to the top tube...

I got hurt doing that crap. bike lands on you, backflopping into the water. etc.
lamage.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
slcpunk21 said:
Cool pics!

Hope I can try that out some day. (just gotta find a lake) So how'd you guys get the bike back? How deep was the water in the landing?
The lake is a block from my house, my friend dock jumps off his dock. But our bike isn't the best that we use, anyone want to donate one?

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
dwaugh said:
The lake is a block from my house, my friend dock jumps off his dock. But our bike isn't the best that we use, anyone want to donate one?
I think you're gonna become my new best friend hahahah (don't let Kia see this though, he'll get jealous) :thumb:

The count down is under 2 weeks now man :D