Quantcast

lake jumpin

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Its been 100+ degrees here lately and my friends invited me out to do some lake jumping yesterday evening to cool off. had a ton of fun, the ramp was 4-5 feet tall and up on a dock that was about 5 feet above the water. Needless to say we were getting launched out into the lake. Eventually we were trying 360's and other trickery, but the most fun was just using the bike to catapult me up like 15 feet and out. It was great, and since we run fatty 2.5 inch tires they are enough floatation to keep our bikes from sinking.

All in all i found a new way to cool off on a hot day. When i got home i had to break out the allen wrenched and drain the tubes in my frame though. That could have been a bad deal if i had forgotton. I'll even try to get some pics up.

peace

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
lake jumps are the shiz, i gotta beater 20" i use for such purposes, cus i don't want to F up my own bike.
BTW this is my 100th post, bitches i'm a real monkey now! or just a nerd...

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Nice, we used to jump off the dock near my buddies place back in the day. We had some old crappy rigs we used just for that purpose. But since it was the ocean the salt water did a number on the bikes. A great way to progress, but also to just cool off.

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Sounds like heaps of fun!! I want to do that some time soon. Only, off a huge drop on a pier.... that would be sick. The ultimate farewell to a bike.

teambender

Chimp
Jan 11, 2004
Casa de Motionboy
What an awesome way to spend the summer. We used to lake jump in college with 2 liter bottles (empty) or life perservers wrapped around the bars and top tubes..... :thumb:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Ive always wanted to do that but all the lakes around me are man made, so they arent deep and they are discusting. (sp??)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It was pretty shallow near the dock, but we were jumping pretty far out, where it was alot deeper.

If i go anymore, i'm going to have to put together a junker bike, cause i dont like repeatedly throwing my dj bike into a lake. and i'll wear shoes instead of sandals next time too.