Quantcast

Komucha

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Is anyone else addicted to this stuff? I am a huge fan of fermented foods so it was not suprising to me when I fell in love with this tea. It was draining my wallet at 4 bucks a bottle though so I have started my own brew operation in the basement. I can't get it in different flavors but I can make it stronger than the stuff that comes in the stores.

Is anyone else brewing their own? If so have you flavored it? I am thinking about throwing some ginger in wtih my next batch to see what it does. By then I'll have 4 cutlures so if I **** something up I'll have a back up plan.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My wife makes it.

I have to say it's the only real problem in our marriage.

Apr 14, 2002
Los Osos, California
I love the stuff. My girlfriend makes it and when its good, its amazing. when its "so-so" I'm not so into it... we have tried flavoring it, with ginger being the best attempt so far. The store bought ginger-kombucha is phenomenal though. I need to figure out how they do it. Sure is ugly tho. We use a ceramic water jug dispenser thing. like this :

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I tried some kombucha down in Colorado that had been flavored with black tea and sugar, maybe some other ingredients too... It was awesome! As good or better than the Synergy flavors I think. I haven't tried raising my own cultures yet though.