Quantcast

Kenisis USA

jabberwocky

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Montreal
Anybody ever hear of a company called Kenisis? What is there deal? I think that they may be a frame or tubing manufacturer. Anybody got any insight?

R

RideMonkey

Check out the MTN Cycle press release on the front page.

They have made bikes for many companies.

jabberwocky

Chimp
Apr 15, 2002
Montreal
Thanks dude, but I had already read the press release. That is what got me thinking on Kenisis. For some reason I remember them making some frames, maybe for the road. Anyway, I'm just wondering what kenisis reputation of legacy has been in the past.

Dope looking frame though huh? I can wait to try that puppy out sometime next year. 9.5 inches. I don't think I'm going to feel anything on the world cup at Bromont.

What's up with the signature? Seems :angry:

;) :cool::monkey:

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Yep, they're a pretty solid frame manufacturer, located in Oregon or Washington. I'm 99% sure they make Santa Cruz's frames (except for the Juliana and the Roadster, which are done in Taiwan). A lot of other big names too but I honestly can't think of them off the top of my head. K2 maybe?

Anyway, they have a solid rep and they do good work. There's a guy on Ebay who sells raw frames made by them, they look really good.

Whether they are the same Kinesis that makes carbon fiber roadie forks, I can't answer, but my guess is yes. Maybe you're thinking of Kestrel on the road frames?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
sub6 is right. They've been making frames and forks for years under various labels, and tons of aluminum forks, road & mountain, under their own name. The carbon fiber forks are the same company, but I have a feeling are taiwan produced, not Washington/Oregon.

They can do top notch work. One of the better aluminum welding shops in the states.