Quantcast

Kendafest is no more.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
The festival is owned by Blue Dog Enterprises and this is Bruce Fina (one of the original founders of Pedro's) and his family and friends. Hence the reason why it was the Pedro's festival for many years.

In 2007, Kenda signed a three year agreement with option for 2 added years to call it the Kenda Bikefest. Dirt Rag magazine also signed on to be the ‘ Presented by' sponsor.

Since last November, both Kenda and Dirt Rag have been trying to get a date for the 2009 festival from Bruce. Just about 2 weeks ago, we both got word that he will no longer hold it due to rising costs and declining expo people and declining attendance.

Naturally this was a disappointment for Kenda and Dirt Rag as we invested a lot into the Bikefest.

Bruce offered to sell it a combination of Kenda/Dirt Rag and Mt. Snow. Dirt Rag is launching a new magazine this year and they were not interested in owning the fest with Kenda or others. Mt. Snow does not offer camping so there is a problem there. Selecting a location and a date at this point in time for 2009 is to late.

I called several companies to see if they would attend and all said since they have not heard from the promoters as to a date for 2009, they figured it would not happen and they did not allocate time or the funds to attend.

So sadly I had to tell Bruce that I could not purchase it and that I was sad to see it go.

But who knows- maybe next year we will have something somewhere to go.

Thanks for your interest and support over the years.

If you want to do some XC racing see above.

Regards,
Jim Wannamaker
North America Marketing Director
Bicycle Division
Kenda USA
7095 Americana Parkway
Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think the problem is me. Every weekend bike event I've attended is no longer in existence:

24 Hours of Adrenalin in Dalton, MA
24 Hour Churn and Burn in Ashford, CT
Pedro's/BikeFest

Monkeyfest is doomed.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I think the problem is me. Every weekend bike event I've attended is no longer in existence:

24 Hours of Adrenalin in Dalton, MA
24 Hour Churn and Burn in Ashford, CT
Pedro's/BikeFest

Monkeyfest is doomed.
Please stay away from Oregon

splat

Nam I am
Now it is up on the main bicyclefest.com websites main page, and the forums are gone

Kenda BikeFest, presented by Dirt Rag Comes to an End.
joan posted on February 12, 2009 12:03

HANCOCK, MA (February 12, 2009) – Organizers of the Kenda BikeFest, presented by Dirt Rag Magazine announced today that, after 14 years, the Festival is coming to an end.

We are very sad to see the Fest come to an end after all these years. It’s been a summertime tradition for many cyclists and their families and we’ve felt a real sense of community with all involved. However, in the current economic climate producing the Festival has become too expensive to remain viable. The costs of doing business have continued to rise while the number of people attending has dropped off since mountain biking was in its heyday. We have received outstanding support over the years from our industry partners, sponsors, attendees and pro athletes – to them we are extremely thankful. In particular we would like to thank KENDA and Dirt Rag and, of course, PEDROS for all of their support in making the Festival possible for all these years.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
We still have a gift certificate that we won at last year's fest for a night at the Porches B&B. We were going to use that the night before this year's fest. Damn, we should have taken the Kenda tire instead.

http://www.porches.com/index2.html

Just go to Mass MOCA. I'll take one of the best contemporary art museums in the world anyday over so-so expensive mountainbiking...

Western Franklin county/ Eastern Berkshire County have some of the best mountainbiking people have never heard of. Hawley and Savoy St. Forests are amazing.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Just go to Mass MOCA. I'll take one of the best contemporary art museums in the world anyday over so-so expensive mountainbiking...

Western Franklin county/ Eastern Berkshire County have some of the best mountainbiking people have never heard of. Hawley and Savoy St. Forests are amazing.
I think Mickey should host a Ridemonkey exclusive Spooky Demo day on said trails! :cheers: