Quantcast

kenda nevegal 2.5

tubs26

Chimp
May 12, 2011
ok so I got these tires on this bike part's trade yesterday, so far I have only put the front one on. I dont think the back one will fit on my frame so I will use it as a back up for the front. anyways I ride a lot of street on this bike (not by choice) because I dont have a car I ride to my local trails, which are like 2-5 miles away, then ride home cement both ways, the whole time. I wanted these tires because the trails that I ride are SUPER muddy, and very slick this time of year. we are expected to get a lot more rain in the next 3 months before summer, and the trails are usually still muddy in the summer too. anyways my question is how long is the tire (front) going to last while riding on cement? I have heard the maxxis High rollers get torn up like crazy on cement, but I have also heard the compound in these nevegal tires are a lot stronger and durable-er as compared to the high rollers. any tips? I have also considered making a bike trailer where I can ride my road bike and pull a trailer behind me carrying my mt. bike so I dont ruin the tires before I ride them. but at the effort I might as well take the bus. if the tire will fit in the rack lol.

Oh and I ride everyweekend

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
eh my soft compound kenda tires wore very fast on short pavement jaunts. That's what they're designed to do. If you have hard compound tires you should be OK, and the rear wears faster than the front, but you will get accelerated wear with those tires on pavement.

At the same time, I don't think it's worth worrying about. You have to replace tires eventually, so just ride it out and replace them when the time comes. It'll just come a bit sooner than if you babied them.