Quantcast

Ken Burns Benjamin Franklin

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am always skeptical of people who feel the need to interject their names into their projects. Was I going to mistakenly think that Trump or Tyler Perry made a Ben Franklin documentary?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I am always skeptical of people who feel the need to interject their names into their projects. Was I going to mistakenly think that Trump or Tyler Perry made a Ben Franklin documentary?
Ben Franklin, by Michael Bay.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ken Burns is such a Juggernaut, they are gonna feature his name whether he wants them to or not, methinks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ken Burns is such a Juggernaut, they are gonna feature his name whether he wants them to or not, methinks.
I read a book on the mathematic constant "e" twice. He did a documentary on baseball. One subject is super interesting the other is inexcusably boring and automatically dismisses all further work in my opinion. I may watch the Ben Franklin thing though, but only because old Ben was a total player.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What is it with whoremongering and and greatness?
(I believe it’s the excess testosterone)

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. "

I'd rather have a powerful person exercise consensual debauchery than say genocide.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I spent 9 months in the Franklin Juvenile segregation unit in Whitehall NY. It was not named after Ben Franklin for the reason you might think. I was 14.