Quantcast

Karpiels Back! ...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Wonder if the first few bucks he makes with his new business are going to go towards paying back all the people he f**ked over last time?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
I would, after over 4 years of dealing with Jan, he's always taken care of me.
What's that saying? About some kind of person being born in some period of time? Every minute, maybe?

;) :D

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
My experience of Jan was not that he was a cheater, just an engineer who loves designing, building, and riding bikes. I don't think he was a business man. I heard he got into trouble, but I think that was because he didn't have a strong businessman to help him run his business. I don't really know the whole story, but from what I heard, he couldn't make a profit and had lots of problems out in Reno, so had to go back to the homeland. I felt bad for him, because he definitely tried to support his riders and make a living doing the thing he loved, but maybe he was a bit naive to some of the larger issues at hand...

-Aaron

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dogwonder said:
Is this going to be the same discussion that has been had 50 times over?
Probably.

I find them to be pretty funny. Brian tries to fend off all of the bad comments. A couple people chime in with, "Well, I have a Karpiel - it works great, and I spoke to Jan exactly once when I bought it so he must be a good guy."

And then, you get the angry fanboys (and girls) who either never post or register accounts solely for the purpose of screaming about how Jan is a God Among Men and we're all b**ches for doubting it :D

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
dogwonder said:
Is this going to be the same discussion that has been had 50 times over?
i sure hope not, people want to start something, do a search and resurrect the old thread. i want that article translated and new info on his bikes.
please keep it good monkies...

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Okay here's the translation ( to keep the sense )

Karpiel went back to Poland, permanently this time

Thats the rumor heard in the dh community, that touches especcialy those who remember the begining of polish dh scene

Jan has spent more than 20 years in us working on creating and developing his name signed brand. He was planing, engeneering and improving his dh and fr frames. Karpiels became exclusive, one reason for that was that they were also made as customs for individual preference of their users
In the time of residence there Jan was also concerned about downhill, however this activity wasnt preventing him to work on new bike parks
He showed us that he's in Poland in the begining of may, he have started in 1st edition of Polish Cup and won masters category
We've learned that Karpiel Brand will change a lot, which will provide us with new line of bikes. Bikes and frames will be made here in Poland now. First engeneering process will end on the next spring , by that time new bikes and frames ( dedicated to polish competitors ) will be ready
In new Karpiel collection, except dh frames, we can expect 2 more frames, fr and enduro one. We'll keep informing about that.
We also know that Jan's activity wont be concentrated only on his brands expansion. He's making plans for new ski courses that will be friendly for bikes. He wants to catch up with european standards in this matter and made a first real big polish Bike Park, where every mtb fan can find his place

Sorry for my english, im doing my best ;/

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Thanks very much for the translation. So the way I understand it, Jan Karpiel has moved back to Poland permanently and plans on competing and building courses as well as unveiling three new frames (DH, FR, and Enduro) in the next year or so? I wonder if we'll see them in the U.S.?

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
I really dont know the count of dh ones but there will be one fr and one enduro model

I also dont know if he'll continue army/disco series

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
stgil888 said:
Thanks very much for the translation. So the way I understand it, Jan Karpiel has moved back to Poland permanently and plans on competing and building courses as well as unveiling three new frames (DH, FR, and Enduro) in the next year or so? I wonder if we'll see them in the U.S.?
I doubt we'll see in the US any time soon. I bet he tries to resurrect his image locally first. Do we know if he still has all the rights to his designs etc? I'm wondering if they were tied to him or the biz...

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
So he did it! He allways said " you try to come get me and i'll F**ing move to poland!"

He will probably be able to make and sell bikes over ther well.

I doubt they will make it here ever though.

He totally has the ability to make some cool new models.

We're just glad he's not in a hole in the Nevada desert somewhere!

- This just in- a hitman in Nevada is wondering just which polock he buried in the desert last year! " i thought i got him!"