Quantcast

K Nine headtube angle reducer cups for Socom and Sunday frames

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
-2* for the sunday is a bit excessive... unless you live at champery.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Yeah, I was thinking +-2 for any bike is a bit OTT, most people will be looking for a 1deg change at most I would have thought.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If a little is good, more is better, right? I soooo want a 60° HA, 12.5" BB, 900 mm handlebar width, 8" travel downhill bike. I would be the hippest kid on the block, yeah! :busted: ;)
:popcorn:

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Depends on how you like it.
Would the 2 degree insert not make it awesome at flat out speeds but at slower speeds/technical stuff would suffer?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
the bb height would drop substantially too i would expect
Don't think so. The cups shouldn't change BB height much. The wheelbase would grow quite a bit in the slacker position.

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
I think the 2* jump makes sense. A lot of riders tend to have the fork height set to either extreme, slammed or jacked. This way they can combine the two adjustments to find a happy medium. Besides, those older Socoms had 90* H/A's....

Seems like you should be able to use these kits on just about any bike with a 1.5" headtube, you would just have to do the math to see what effect each would have with your perspective headtube length.
Could probably mix or match them two on different bikes to get a wider variety of change.
Unless this would lead to the bearings not lining up properly?

Either way, Really Cool Product!:thumb:

kylechs5

Chimp
Mar 23, 2007
they need these for demo 7s that would give you a 63 or 64 head angle and would be dope to race to