Quantcast

Juicy vs Mono M4

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
I havent, but i got some feedback from riders that have used both.

Mono Series (includes M4.mono,M6): Very bling bling looks. Good performance, but somehow unreliable, i heard too many british riders complain about erratic behavior, bad performance, etc etc....and i am not talking about people that didnt know how to bleed or setup a brake. My lbs couldnt get the Mono6 to block the wheel....

Avid Juicy. Probably the brake with the best features in the market now. Unproven, and some people experienced ubnormal fragility on the lever blades on early brakes. I dont know if Avid has addressed this problem now.

Yannis

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Dont get confused brian, they knew what they were doing, it seems that they had a bad pair obviously. This doesnt mean that m6 are not powerfull or bad brakes. Not at all. Its just that hope is a bit unreliable from what i hear from brit riders. Then again, mixed emotions.

The general taste here in the UK is , that people want Hayes instead of hope, and in the US its the other way around.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
math2014 said:

The general taste here in the UK is , that people want Hayes instead of hope, and in the US its the other way around.
I loves my hayes, loves my hayes :)

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
get hopes, the only breaks where you can get spray on chain lube all over the rotors, resulting in no power at all, then when your out on the ride you can rub some mud on the rotor and instantly you have 100% power back. hopes kick ass :thumb:

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
I've used both and the juicy 7's once worn in completely destroy the hope m4 in terms of feel/braking power/modulatoin/ease to bleed and service. Keep in mind a "cooler" looking machined caliper out of billet does exactly 0 for performance. I must admit it took a couple rides to get used to the lever feel of the avids but after that it was pure heaven.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Brian HCM#1 said:
Yeah right:rolleyes: :nope: :mumble: :p
:thumb: Magura sucks

Anyway, you need to get the hopes, have you ever just looked at the two side by side. I just installed juicy's on my dads bike (he insisted :eyesroll:). The caliper construction is garbage just doesn’t feel solid. As for the lever it has a very odd feel to it as well (this is the main selling point of the brake), avid tries to feed you this "different range of motion sh1t". Then if you look at the hopes the caliper is a thing of beauty, can’t go wrong with one piece machined aluminum. The lever on hope is second to none; I have never tried a brake with a lever that feels this solid. So I would say from my experience go with the hopes you will not be disappointed!