Quantcast

Juicy problems

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
so I have had a set of Juicy 5's for about a year...when I first got them they were awesome...great feel, power, etc. Now..the lever is overly firm with little to no throw...and the pads continually set themselves so they are rubbing the rotor. I have done the old resetting of the piston by pushing the pads back etc and to no avail. I am at a loss to figure out the problem...I havent touched them and they went from being stellar to being aggravting.

Is this just an issue where they need a bleed? They arent mushy or anything like that and no leaking

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
motomike said:
sounds like you need to bleed a little fluid out of them, a common occurence with the Juicy 5s.
thats sort of what I was thinking...just seemed weird to em they would feel perfect then change so dramatically without any changes to the bleed i.e. adding mroe fluid.

I got a bleed kit so will give it a shot. Thanks.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
auntesther said:
so I have had a set of Juicy 5's for about a year...when I first got them they were awesome...great feel, power, etc. Now..the lever is overly firm with little to no throw...and the pads continually set themselves so they are rubbing the rotor. I have done the old resetting of the piston by pushing the pads back etc and to no avail. I am at a loss to figure out the problem...I havent touched them and they went from being stellar to being aggravting.

Is this just an issue where they need a bleed? They arent mushy or anything like that and no leaking

Might go one further there, What year brakes are they??

Avid replaced a Bunch of brake sets in the Juicy lines that were having problems just like what your describing, Might give them a call, possibly end up with a whole new set of brakes!!!

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
DirtyMike said:
Might go one further there, What year brakes are they??

Avid replaced a Bunch of brake sets in the Juicy lines that were having problems just like what your describing, Might give them a call, possibly end up with a whole new set of brakes!!!
got them like Feb of 2005 so tad over a year old. They are on my DH bike and were fine all through the season but now exhibiting the problems I described

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
auntesther said:
got them like Feb of 2005 so tad over a year old. They are on my DH bike and were fine all through the season but now exhibiting the problems I described
The dot fluid could've absorbed some water. I'd change the fluid.