Quantcast

Joined the club...Having FUN!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Guys, this BMX thing is a ton of fun.

Frustrating, but a ton of fun.

I was having a lot of trouble mastering the basics at first. Couldn't wheelie or manual, couldn't bunnyhop with that nice smooth arc that ya'll do, and was scared to death of jumping on the track.

After a few local park sessions and one trip to the track, things are looking waaaaay up! I can't manual for more than a second or two...I'm still having a hard time finding that balance point. Sometimes I just force myself to pull back too hard and stand up off the back just to feel the sensation of moving through the balance point. It's coming! And I'm able to ride a wheelie for 2-3 pedalstrokes now.

Bunnyhopping just clicked for me! Before, I got into the air both wheels level, which meant I needed a lot of speed to clear even a curb. Now I'm starting to get the flow, where my front wheel clears the obstacle as my rear wheel comes up, over, and down in a nice smooth arc. Well, at least it's an arc, anyhow, :rolleyes: . I'm beginning to appreciate 14mm axles.

Just thought I'd let you know I was having a blast, and my DH bike feels all squishy and funny now. :D

MD

Edit for spellin'

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, and 2-3' drops are fun as hell on this thing, too!

I'm psyched to try and learn to really jump now!

horton

Chimp
Jul 4, 2002
ive just got rid of my mtb and ordered a 24 inch BMX, so Im looking forward to having some fun and actualy riding a bike rather than worrying about my gears, suspension etc.