Quantcast

Jobs.......

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
IMO, you stuck with THEM through some tough times and they've done what they could to show gratitude, toss you some perks that equal real money, and now hit you with a substantial raise. A good employee/employer relationship is give/take on both sides.

Good for you :stosh:!

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
IMO, you stuck with THEM through some tough times and they've done what they could to show gratitude, toss you some perks that equal real money, and now hit you with a substantial raise. A good employee/employer relationship is give/take on both sides.

Good for you :stosh:!

Thanks man, glad you understand. It's been a long F'ing road here in the office and at home.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sometimes loyalty pays off, congrats Stosh.

I remember when Flatrock did a 33% cut across the board. I took it along with all but one engineer there with the hopes it would be short lived. It wasn't until after a few years I ran into an ex coworker and learned that the only person who didn't take the pay cut and was still employed was the CEO. The fact that he asked us all to take it, but didn't take it for himself made me a bitter bastard.

In contrast, our CEO wouldn't do that sort of thing.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yeah the one owner here didn't get paid for a number of months when times were real lean. A few times my paychecks were late by a few days but they always came though. Never laid off, always paid.......

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Sometimes loyalty pays off, congrats Stosh.
Good point. It pays sometimes, though it's generally less and less valued from an employers perspective, IMHO. Of course that also varies - smaller employers seem to value loyalty. Got a 20% raise a few months back, but starting in 2013 my health insurance premiums now cost me 20% of my salary... At least I'm losing less now.