Quantcast

Jared's new 4X ride(Yeti content)

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I wonder when or if it will make production, I also wonder about the cranks, seeing he ran XTRs for a while now will he switch to Saints?

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
It uses the BMX rear end as JG wanted something that bit stiffer for his killer 2nd and 3rd pedal strokes. I believe it will be 2010 DJ although I would have thought it would have the BMX top tube (like all other gravity bikes).

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
harder to machine, 2 different bearings, look ugly. unnecesary, tapered steerer tubes, just run 1.5 top and bottom ffs. another product designed to make redundant our perfectly good current setup and keep money out of our wallet. serves no other purpose IMO.

big cal

Monkey
Nov 18, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
harder to machine, 2 different bearings, look ugly. unnecesary, tapered steerer tubes, just run 1.5 top and bottom ffs. another product designed to make redundant our perfectly good current setup and keep money out of our wallet. serves no other purpose IMO.
harder to machine? Why should i care?

different bearings? So what? I've got different bearings all over my bike, even on my 1 1/8" headset!

What does it make redundant? It means i can use all my stems, bars and fork. If i get a tapered fork i can still use that stem and bar too.

It's what 1.5 should have been in the first place, it would have saved a LOT of e-arguments.