Quantcast

Jah Braaaaaap

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Finished the painjob on my single speed a few weeks back, and I've been riding it a lot.

Weighs around 25lbs, rides like a dream. The low, short front end climbs really well, especially on the steep stuff. Rocky trails are just fine, even at speed, with the short stem on the rigid fork.
Frame: 1996 Specialized Stumpjumper A1 Premium AL
Fork: 1998 GT rigid Chromoly
Headset: FSA Pig
Bars: Easton EA70's, 27" or so wide.
Seat: WTB Ti, by far the most comfy seat in the world.
Cranks: Truvativ Holzfeller 175mm, with ISIS DH BB. No flex!
Cog: bits and pieces of an Alivio cassette and some PVC pipe.
Wheels: XT hubs with Mavic rims
Tires: Tioga 2.3 Factory DH front, Specialized 2.1 super uber XC pro rear

This bike is soooo much fun!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Puff puff give mon, don't be f****ing up the rotation!

Haha.

Seriously, dig the bike. 1) What gear ratio are you running? and 2) I broke my WTB Ti several years back on a stupid crash. Still looking for the right replacement saddle...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
No, the fork is in the process of rusting. I stripped off all the paint and left it in the yard for a month and a half, and it only rusted a little bit. Hopefully over the next few years it'll finish rusting.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
This bike has been awesome! For the 24 hour race up at Cool she got some Stylo cranks, an S-Works rear wheel, and a Weirwolf 2.5 FR front tire, putting her at the low 23lb mark. Our team got 27 laps in, I got 4 laps in at night, and 2 in the daylight, and she raced like a dream. I'm getting some muerotic acid so the fork will be completely rusty in a few days. Sooooo psyched!