Quantcast

Izimu pivot axle removal?

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
I can't seem to figure out the removal process for the izimu's main pivot... Morewood's owners manuals are down on their website so I was wondering if any of you guys know how to to do this?

I can get the the drive side bolt off just fine but the nondrive side appears to have a through axle that won't come out...? Also, the nondrive side looks like it takes an allen and a torque?

Its an 08 with the spi 2 bearings by the way.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Last edited:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You just unscrew everything. I think you're making this harder than it is. If the endcaps are stuck in the bearings, tap them out gently with a punch.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Loosen the drive side nut a little and tap that with a rubber mallet, everything else after that is pretty straight forward. There's a washer in between each bearing and the front triangle that you'll have to remember to put back in.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Good suggestions but still no luck! Gave it some good smacks with the mallet too.. Any ideas on what the problem is? Also is the just one through bolt? Or does more come out?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Probably ran dry for 1 season+ without removal. There are 2 "caps" and a bolt that holds them together, that's it. I bet one of the caps is stuck.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Yes that might have been the case (bought it used). Anyone have a schematic or exploded view of this? Suggestions on tapping? I don't want to side-load the bearings too much!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm feeling nice, I pulled apart my rear end since I need bearings soon anyways. If you still can't figure it out you might want to put down the tools for a bit. :)

MorewoodKid

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
In the woods...
Morewood assemble the bearings in their swingarms with lock-tite compound, sometimes a little bit of this gets on the axle duting assembly. This + a season of running = uber tightness! Give it a good tap, worst case scenario the bearing comes out of the swingarm along with the pivot cap. PM me if you have any quesitons.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
No worries, i got it out the other day! Everyone please keep your bikes lubed and maintained properly!! Makes life easier in the long run.

Thanks for all the help.

Ryan