Quantcast

It's Tuesday

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
we went from Jabber to Teams for calls/IM ... I like Teams, or at least I haven't found a reason to dislike Teams yet.
we still use cisco for VoIP, mostly for phone communication with outside vendors. the thing i like about it is that i can take office calls w/ my work phone # regardless of where i'm working.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
did you have to do anything special to get it to fit? or just stretch the hell out of it? i couldn't get it around my hadley, but thne again that shell is for a 20mm hub
Just had to stretch the hell out of it. It was a PITA like I said because of working through the spokes, and having the cassette/rotor on there as well to work around. But they went on (I have 2, both on rear Pro4s)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just had to stretch the hell out of it. It was a PITA like I said because of working through the spokes, and having the cassette/rotor on there as well to work around. But they went on (I have 2, both on rear Pro4s)
you run yours on the rear? i have connectivity issues occasionally on the rear hub of my trainer, however i suspect that may be related to my watch as opposed to the sensor itself.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I joined my company right after they started phasing out Skype in favor of Teams, so I really don't know any difference. We mostly use Teams for audio and video meetings, and tend to use Slack for all text-based async communications. Apparently there was a time when Skype was still in play, and there were three (3) IM clients being used. Thank goodness that's over. I am firm believer in once the nuances and quirks are learned, I can make anything work.
Using Teams is like going from having two monitors back to one. :nope:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
what don't you like about Teams? seriously.

I have to use two DifFEREnT teams accounts every day, my co through the desktop and my client via web. I feel like I should be angrier and I don't know why !>!!!!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We don't do video, so that's good. But the worst part about Teams are "teams". On top of chat for each folk, one for each meeting, but also have "team rooms", each with its own file share, wiki, what have you. I have 4 main categories, but about 30 team rooms.

"Everything is posted to Teams". Yeah, but where? Nightmare.

PXL_20201201_165950012.jpg

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
you run yours on the rear? i have connectivity issues occasionally on the rear hub of my trainer, however i suspect that may be related to my watch as opposed to the sensor itself.
Definitely rear. No connectivity issues, and figured rear is way more accurate since its grounded more and driven.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
what don't you like about Teams? seriously.

I have to use two DifFEREnT teams accounts every day, my co through the desktop and my client via web. I feel like I should be angrier and I don't know why !>!!!!
You should be angry! I like Teams, for the "team" part. Its nice having one area for shared department work stuff and whatnot, but these little things like the chat, everything being in ONE window etc etc needs improvement. Skype works so well and is simple, it just feels like taking one step forward and three backwards by eliminating it.
Yeah, but where? Nightmare.
SharePoint, thats where. Talk about nightmare if you really dig into it. :rofl: :panic:

By the way, have you ever noticed that while you can restrict access to Teams and even have private channels, someone in that Team can share out content to users outside of the team, even while not being the owner of the content. What the heck is that all about?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well, I gained back 6 of those pounds I lost.
Damn you, Sourdough!
I still haven't tried. My mom had like 6 different starters and was on some internet group that swapped stuff from all over. As much as I love bread, it's the pancakes I would kill a man for. That's the only reason I haven't tried is I would be fat. Happy and fat.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
unicorn....brooklyn machineworks 24 inch twin tube cruiser

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
only if you live in hollywood...smoke crack....and think you are going to get 3850 for that...
you underestimate what the old doc frames are going for. original pedals are going for upwards of $300. something this rare, i could see it fetching that.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
did you have to do anything special to get it to fit? or just stretch the hell out of it? i couldn't get it around my hadley, but thne again that shell is for a 20mm hub
I just stretched the hell out of it, it is on a front Hadley. According to a Garmin site, hubs with diameter up to 40mm are fair game. :D
Definitely rear. No connectivity issues, and figured rear is way more accurate since its grounded more and driven.
Front here. The front actually tracks slightly longer distances than the rear, and when in the air, the wheel keeps spinning so I hope I'll profit. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you underestimate what the old doc frames are going for. original pedals are going for upwards of $300. something this rare, i could see it fetching that.
pedals...some go for 700-1250....seat posts 300...stems 250-300....

i remember that frame being for sale on the site for 725-750 the last time it was actually being run by them....i do not recall the forks on that bike being ever being offered for sale....in 20 or 24 inch...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

We use Teams but don't have that crazy nested shit like jimmydean. It is fine.

Also, instead of taking a photo of one's screen with a phone use Snipping Tool already. sheesh

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
pedals...some go for 700-1250....seat posts 300...stems 250-300....

i remember that frame being for sale on the site for 725-750 the last time it was actually being run by them....i do not recall the forks on that bike being ever being offered for sale....in 20 or 24 inch...
yea i don't recall ever seeing those forks.

on a vintage DH forum i'm on someone posted pictures of their rubber ducky.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hello snow! My town next to the lake got dumped on with snow, or more accurately, is still getting dumped on. A full size school bus was once again sideways and stuck at the end of the street.

Half the snow 30 mins south at work.

Supposed to keep snowing until tomorrow.

Guess I better inflate the fat bike tires and bleed the shimano brakes. :(
Did this Sunday. Just in time for the snow to melt. I said fuckit and bought Magura MT4 from CRC. Got lucky, arrived by Canada Post, unchecked by customs, so no tax and no duty. (I feel like we may have been over this before???!)

We don't do video, so that's good. But the worst part about Teams are "teams". On top of chat for each folk, one for each meeting, but also have "team rooms", each with its own file share, wiki, what have you. I have 4 main categories, but about 30 team rooms.

"Everything is posted to Teams". Yeah, but where? Nightmare.

View attachment 153010
I keep trying to make Teams work like Slack. But it won't. So people don't use it except to organize video conferences. All that money spent on an enterprise solution, for essentially video conferencing.