Quantcast

It's finally spring. What are you looking to buy?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Just bought a house that needs a lot. A stove and a fridge, a new wall, some windows, exterior paint, electrical upgrade all around, and floor refinishing. Later it will be an entire kitchen and two bathroom remodels.

But screw it I'm also getting a new DH bike and a new trail bike... :D

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Just had a wheel built so no more toys this month but I really wanna try an angle set on my nomad.

And "buying" me an engeeniring degree in mechatronics. (Well mostly it's also a lot of work:D)
Good luck, my little brother was working on a mechatronics degree. Now he's a civil engineer :rofl:

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Getting a Surly Cross-Check to use as a commuter. Unfortunately my mtb doesn't get used enough to justify upgrades (hoping that changes back to the way it used to be but not counting on it).

My road bike is in need of some parts but not sure what I want to do with it since I plan on getting a new one next winter. Since it looks like I'll be building it up whatever parts I need to get I should be able to use on the new bike, the other option that I am thinking about is just selling it and using the little bit of money I get from the sale to start getting parts earlier in the year. The deciding factor will be how much I ride it after getting the Cross-Check.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Gonna get two(one for wife, one for me) of these:

Just waiting for em to come off the production line at this point. Might have to make a few trips to Ashland, OR this year :)

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Explaining it just dont have the same punch but here goes...

I said I was buying an Escalade! Because my initials are SK and if I get one I'm gonna get major laid...

Get it? S K as in Ess Kay. SK laid, as in Es Kay Laid, and or Escalade.

And JohnKranked, I'm not taking the longer shock jokes serious. I'm realizing a lot of guys on here are a bunch of wise crackers so I'm actually starting to laugh at some of the wise cracks. (Although people seem to take my wise cracks seriously and get all defensive.) Why I don't know... I'm blatantly obvious when I do it.

I should change my name BigHitr to SKLaid! WINNING!!!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Explaining it just dont have the same punch but here goes...

I said I was buying an Escalade! Because my initials are SK and if I get one I'm gonna get major laid...

Get it? S K as in Ess Kay. SK laid, as in Es Kay Laid, and or Escalade.

And JohnKranked, I'm not taking the longer shock jokes serious. I'm realizing a lot of guys on here are a bunch of wise crackers so I'm actually starting to laugh at some of the wise cracks. (Although people seem to take my wise cracks seriously and get all defensive.) Why I don't know... I'm blatantly obvious when I do it.

I should change my name BigHitr to SKLaid! WINNING!!!!!

sorry. i'm drunk and getting drunker.

if it makes you feel any better, i frankensteined a fork this weekend. RS revelation uppers & internals with pike lowers. all so i could run a 20mm axle.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
sell one of your matching dh bikes :D;)
I hate down time, waiting for parts to come in the mail, and missing incredible weekends riding, so when Trek warrantied my bike with $$$ off on a new bike, I jumped at the better bike over a frame. And rather than sell all of the old components, shifters, wheels tires etc all for a loss on Ebay, I built a second with another KF1 frame which I got for just $500 w/shock and headset all brand new. Couldn't resist that deal! And both bikes sold used wouldn't add up to that Intense $$ new.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
sorry. i'm drunk and getting drunker.

if it makes you feel any better, i frankensteined a fork this weekend. RS revelation uppers & internals with pike lowers. all so i could run a 20mm axle.
Okay I figure Frankenstein means you mess up a fork. I'm not 20's so I'm trying to figure this all out. Took me forever to figure out LBS and i2i. So figuring it means your destroyed a fork, DAMN! Where the hell do you guys ride? Or what are you jumping your bikes off of or landing on? GEESH! You guys must ride nuts. Avalon ain't like that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Okay I figure Frankenstein means you mess up a fork. I'm not 20's so I'm trying to figure this all out. Took me forever to figure out LBS and i2i. So figuring it means your destroyed a fork, DAMN! Where the hell do you guys ride? Or what are you jumping your bikes off of or landing on? GEESH! You guys must ride nuts. Avalon ain't like that.
ha no. what i mean was....

i have(had?) a stock 2008 Rock Shox Revelation Dual air. it was standard quick release axle. QR = noodley.

I found myself some old pike lowers, and replaced the stock fork lowers on my revelation with the pike lowers, which had a 20mm axle (which is stiffer). did a few other adjustments (oil weight/volume), and I am much happier with the fork now.

But I do ride 20's (bmx). Sh*ts where its at. If I could only have one bike it would be a bmx.