Quantcast

It's a Tuesday GMT

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm breaking out of this prison, the cast comes off today. Let's take bets on how long before I'm back on a bike.

I'm thinking that I'll be pedaling around the neighborhood as early as this weekend.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
She's sick, then I'm sick, then she's sick & now I'm sick again,lovely. At least the kid is OK. BMX track last night, good times but am not used to riding in the cold...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Congrats BadDNA. Now don't do anything stupid for a little while!

I left my windows cracked last night too. 43 degrees this morning, 60 in the house. Brrrr.
Didn't sleep well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Neck is feeling better, but I still can't really turn to the right. Work. Hoping to get on the spinner and inspect the bike from the crash this evening.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
houston airport is everything i'd imagined a texas asshole to be...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I just can't seem to drag my ass out of bed in the morning. Not looking forward to the DMV trip, but at least I have all my crap so it's just a sitting game.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
DMV employees are glorious examples of american exceptionalism...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Epic Sunday.

Got up at 3:30 and drove out to Yosemite to do the Clouds Rest hike. Tioga Rd was closed due to snow. Drove down into the valley and formulated a plan B. Ended up heading to Ostrander Lake.

Lots of snow even at 7000ft.

I'm glad I don't look delicious.

Even more snow at the lake

Perfect for keeping beers cold

Pretty impressive ski hut. Makes me want to return during the winter.

Victory beer!

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Today is my weekly morning free from being on the clinical services so I'm still chilling at home.

I went to my first orchestra rehearsal of the season last night. Since the wifebot said she needed to use the car (she ultimately didn't) I got to work, to rehearsal, and back home ultimately (at 11 pm!) via public transit + my trusty, revived e-bike. That experience was a huge pain in the ass, and I plan to never repeat it: trumpet case in backpack on back, two completely full panniers on the bike, as well as a boat ride, two bus legs, and probably the better part of two hours on the bike all said and done.

The rehearsal itself was fine, at least, and I sort of figured out how to generate an image representation of a swept sine wave in matlab this morning, so great success.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In and out of the DMV in 45 minutes. That wasn't bad at all. Of course 5 minutes after I got there the line was out the door. Sometimes my timing isn't complete sh!t.