Quantcast

It’s time to get Dirty.

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
It’s time to get Dirty.

Kick off the new mountain bike season with some dirt time at I-5 Colonnade… Seattle’s only under cover Mountain Bike Skills Park. As important as it is that we build trail, it’s equally important that we build our volunteer base. So bring a friend or two (we know that you have them) and come out for a work party.

Upcoming work parties can be viewed at: http://bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?view=all&event_type=W

Yes, it’s really happening and we need your help to finish building the park. We’re just starting construction on the latest additions including a pump track (yeah, you heard that right... a pump track!):sneaky: , a trials area, and a gathering circle.

So come work on the trails and once we’re done with the days work - let’s ride. Even though the park isn’t done, we’ll deserve a good reward for a day of hard work. It can’t happen without you. So, check out the website for details on the park and we’ll see you there. Call Jon Kennedy with any questions. Training provided. [COLOR="royalblue"]www.bbtc.org[/COLOR] or 206.524.2900

Cheers!

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
ryan/kona29 said:
so is there gona be like doubles and tables and stuff like that? in other words a dirtjump section?
Yes, That is being worked on right now. Only a few people are working on it and more help is needed badly. Its alot of dirt to move around for just a few people with shovels part time. Progress is much slower then SST where filler is used for jumps and lots of people are helping. The dirt also presents its own set of issues. I don't know if they are going to bring in dirt or water whats there but its tough.

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I can give you contact info for the person who is heading the plans of the doubles/BMX section going in so you can help out too. I just moved 3 blocks away so I have spent a few afternoons back there shoveling but progress is slow.

Anyways, thats my local non affiliated update.