Quantcast

Is the future Electric?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ah, i parsed your sentence with the "which" refering to Li-ion, not Lipo.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
A related design idea that would be cool is a small spring drive system. When brake you wind up a spring. Then a button on the bars releases the spring drive exiting a turn and you accelerate out faster. Not sure how light the system could be made but I think the ability to rocket out of turns would be huge, and fun. If you ask me the above system should be beefed up and sold as a electric powered light dirt bike. It would be slow going up hills but way fun going down and on flats.
love you gavin.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
i think its pretty cool! incorporating both electric and human powered "drives" into one downhill bike is awesome engineering!

why the sh*t are people posting pics and vids of go-peds and things of that nature? i would like to see a go-ped shred down a mountain and drop duh drops.
haters smell :thumb:

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
a related design idea that would be cool is a small spring drive system. When brake you wind up a spring. Then a button on the bars releases the spring drive exiting a turn and you accelerate out faster. Not sure how light the system could be made but i think the ability to rocket out of turns would be huge, and fun. If you ask me the above system should be beefed up and sold as a electric powered light dirt bike. It would be slow going up hills but way fun going down and on flats.
yes yes yes!

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
I think it's pretty cool that some people are thinking a bit outside the box and trying some new stuff out, after all that's the way we discover new stuff. Battery technology is still on diapers but it's quite a good start, especially if these bikes allow handicapped downhillers to enjoy the sport even more-

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Looks totally uncool and the sound it makes, is pathetic. Modern hybrid bike are nearly seamless... this thing... meows like a cat :D

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
only wish I'd kept the web address of a Hungarian company that exhibited at Eurobike in 2007...they had a DH bike with the battery hidden in the downtube...and uphill speed was 30 mph....

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Maybe someone needs to contact Mr. Sridhar from Bloom energy. he has a little cube, size of a large rubiks cube, that will power an entire house. I am sure he can power an electric DH bike with something the size of a credit card.
www.bloomenergy.com

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Warner made come true two biggest human dreams - to ride fast and to fly, at the same time :D

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
I don't understand all the hate, seems like a cool idea to me. I live in an area where there are loads of trails with no shuttle acces. This thing would be great. You put in same effort as it would take to pedal an XC bike up but you have advantage of DH bike suspension on the way down. I know guys who spend a TON on money getting the weight of their All Mountain bikes down so they can pedal up with less effort. They end up putting parts on that wont last, tyres that puncture...
Maybe this is the way to go, build a 6-7in front and rear bike, weight less of an isssue so you could build with beefy wheels/ tyres and have a blast on way down, rather that hoping your extra light tyres and tubes are going to hold up in the rock garden.

Just my .02