Quantcast

Is 5'10" too tall for a Yeti 303RDH Small?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm cheap, I can admit to that.

go-ride.com has a hell of a deal going on the 303RDH frame. One little catch, its in small.

I am 5'9", maybe 5'10" if I am really happy to see you, and I ride a medium 303DH. Its time for a new frame, and I want to stick with Yeti.

Am I going to be all "fat man in a little jacket" on a small frame?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I am 5'9" and the medium was perfect for me. It was a tad small, just the way I like my DH bikes.

The small will be too small for you.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I hopped on a Large my friend uses and it felt perfect at 5 11 though I like larger bikes. Id get something else.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
No problem, we'll just inlcude a 90mm stem with the small frame. :rofl: JK

Like the others said the small would be too small for someone 5'10. I'm 5'8" and raced the medium for two seasons. It was the right size for me. We have a small built on the floor and it is too small for me.

We do have one last Ventana El Cuervo in a medium for $999. I also raced that bike for 2 seasons. For my riding style I liked it better than the RDH by a small margin.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
You never know what deals will pop up at the end of the season, but right now Yeti has been saying that the 2011 RDH is in very short supply. I doubt they will be on sale any time soon, if at all.

We do have a few 2010 Intense 951 mediums available and we have very good in-store pricing on the 2011 Giant Glory frame.

cjm102

Chimp
Dec 27, 2009
Aus
For me @ 5'8"-5'9" I have used a friends small quite a bit, was considering the 303rdh as an option. The small was too small but so much fun to ride and felt like a bmx, so easy to flick the back end out and drift through corners. I could probably JUST get away with it but wouldn't recommend.

My 2c

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
I'm 5'10", ride a medium 2008/9 DHR, and like smaller bikes--even with my rather long arms. My buddy's medium RDH honestly felt kinda small, made me feel like a large would be in order for my size. The bike popped off of jumps great and cornered better than my bike when it wasn't even set up for me, much to my amazement. If I were you I'd just keep my eyes trained on the Classifieds and Ebay. Good luck.