Quantcast

Ironhorse Sunday Paint

shfff

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Hi guys, just reaching out seeing if anyone could help with painting an ironhorse sunday world cup frame, 2007. Ive tried getting in touch with Class Act Paint and Powder in oregon, but no reply. I want the paint code or model number/manufacturer of the paint of the original monster/electric green from the 07 world cup frame.
Does anyone have contact details for someone who used to work at Ironhorse who might be able to help here?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance!

shfff

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
wow awesome thank you! Im over here in NZ I will chase those models up and see if I can get it done professionally, pics to come upon completion! thanks so much

shfff

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
thanks for the help, it turnso out no one in NZ can do this, all the paints are not able to be imported etc because of "health and safety", could you recommend anyone in the states I could send the frame to to get it painted there?

hitar_potar

Monkey
Sep 23, 2011
Ruse, Bulgaria
You willing to send the frame for repainting? Why are you so set up for this color? There are numerous other interesting ones that might be in stock around you and would be easier, not to mention cheaper cause you won’t need to send the frame too far away. Back in the day when i was repainting my Sunday, happened to come by pics of one painted in almost the sickest RED color i’ve seen (then i saw the Soul Red of Mazdas). Still kinda regret it that i chose black - would have been such a bling-bling to paint it this red.

shfff

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
thanks for your reply, short answer. because want to paint the swingarm the same colour as the front triangle, didnt like the 07 black/green. preferred the 06 full green

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
There has to be a local body shop or powder coating place, that has paint samples. I am sure there will be a green that is close enough that when you paint all of the parts you want green, not just the parts that aren't green now, that you would be happy with

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Agreed. If you can’t get the front and back end painted to something similar from a RAL chart domestically compared to the price of shipping the front end off for painting internationally I’d be very surprised.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Powdercoaters will work from a RAL colour book. Whilst a bike specific painter may take more care to mask off threads and ream the head and seat tubes after painting those are easy enough to do yourself and you open a lot of doors if you go with a generic industrial powder coating company rather than a bike specific painter.

Obviously you can’t trust a screen value but RAL 6038 seems a good place to start.