Quantcast

Iron Horse Sunday + Totem?

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
Does anyone on here have the Sunday Elite that comes speced with the Totem? How do you like the setup for freeriding/shuttling/bike parks as compared to full DH racing? Is the HA steeper than the stock 8" DC setups and if so, would that make it bearable for any shorter trail rides with some pushing:biggrin:? Thanks.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
There were some posted in the Sunday thread on MTBR. Since the A-C length is identical (or almost identical) to that of an 8" Boxxer, the geometry will work well, it's just an issue of how much travel you want to have.

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Yeah i went from a boxxer to a totem on my Cove Shocker and noticed a very slight difference. But that slight difference made me very happy!!!

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
the difference you felt was in weight. the A/C difference is litterally like 1/2mm. there is no way you felt a defference in the handling

Gripo

Chimp
Dec 2, 2005
Unknown
Don't the boxxers have more of an offset than totems? ie. they sit further forward of the headtube when view side on.

This could potentially give an extra .5 - 1 degree of head angle?

Gripo

Chimp
Dec 2, 2005
Unknown
Ok, here's some facts Bullit21.

Just replaced my 180mm Totems with WC Boxxers and measured the wheelbase before and after.

As I expected (see above post) the WC's increased the wheelbase by around 15mm, so the H/A will be 1/2deg or so slacker.

Depending on how switched on as a rider you should be able to feel a difference.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
As I expected (see above post) the WC's increased the wheelbase by around 15mm, so the H/A will be 1/2deg or so slacker.
:clue:

wheelbase change does not alwasy relate to H/A. fork offset may contribute to the change in wheelbase, which won't impact H/A. a longer A/C measurement will add to the wheelbase and BB height and slack the H/A.