Quantcast

Internet Explorer help?

well my parents are flipping out thinking i'm some kind of pervert because somehow the history of whats been typed into forms on my moms computer has been deleted... you kow, where you go into, say Google, and when you start typing your search criteria, your history of searches comes up... somehow that got deleted and they think i did it...
which pisses me off because i told them to go back through the temporary internet files, search by 'last accessed' and try to find any gaps in my internet history to prove me otherwise... i mean come on, if i were dumb enough to search for some obscene BS on my mothers personal laptop, and then go back and delete my search history, dip**** logic would tell me to delete all my site histories as well! which would leave a big gap in my access times and look a little suspicious dont you think?
but they refuse to do that because theyd rather think i was pervert so they can once again have some misbehavior to punish me for... which they havent had in almost a year, so i'm damn sure these power hungry, insecure peices of crap are dying to have dirt on me, no matter how fraudulent it is...

but anyways, is there some way that these forms get deleted automatically? maybe after some certain amount of time?
her OS is Windows XP and i'm pretty sure her settings are stock-out-of-the-box... especially with Internet Explorer...

any ideas?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
i'm damn sure these power hungry, insecure peices of crap are dying to have dirt on me, no matter how fraudulent it is...
Nice way to talk about your parents, especially on a public forum. You couldn't have simply asked the question without the disrespectful diatribe? Granted, I don't know your relationship with your parents but that's pretty unpleasant.

Anyway, not the point. Yes, the form history/autocomplete can disappear by itself. I've never actually pinpointed the cause for the cases when it wasn't deliberate, but it certainly happens and with a lot of regularity.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'm sensing some "issues" here. The first step to solving these issues is to talk them out with your parents. The second step is getting rid of IE and getting Firefox.

I'm sensing some "issues" here. The first step to solving these issues is to talk them out with your parents.QUOTE]

tried that ten years ago, and in every confrontation since...
they think way too highly of themselves, so they are extremely hardheaded and stick to their ways. there is no way to even propose an arguement, no matter what supporting evidence you have, to these people... its a double team brick wall
now i'm not saying i'm better than them, i know damn well that i'm not, BUT its gotten to a point of complete BS... you can see and feel in every word they say to me that theyre trying to get me to snap so they can have dirt on me to keep me from doing anything that i love. But dont just take it from me, everyone in my non-immediate family and every one of my friends, and even half my neighbors can see it happening... theres rarely aything violent anymore, bt now its just a huge psychological offensive that they put forth trying to get me to flip out like i used to...

Binary, i apologize for my offensiveness, but crap like this gets to a point where even what i wrote there is as soft as i can put it... i've been dealing with these ridiculous accuations and insane, unfounded crap since my mom met my stepdad when i was five years old... 12 physical years and probably 24 mental/psychological/developmental years later, i'm a just little over it...

so you have no idea how or why the form data gets deleted? does it get sent to the recycle bin? or are the filesizes too small to care about?

i just want to prove to them that i dont use her computer, let alone the rest of our computers, for anything but uploading pictures to my Flickr...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'd probably be looking more at part 2 of my advice than part 1 to solve your immediate problem there mate.
As for part 1, well things seem bad now but they probably won't always be that way.

i love how everyone thinks that I think it sucks to be a kid and have paents around every day...
couldnt be farther from the truth... i know how fotrunate i am to be a kid still, i dont complain about my life one single bit, i know i've got it good. sure i paid for all of my stuff hobby-wise, but thats absolutley nothing compared to what theyve paid and done for me and our family... i'll admit that any place, any time.
BUT, in my eyes, that has nothing to do with their egotistical desperation in trying to punish me... i dont disapprove of them as people for that, BUT i disapprove of their mindsets and motivations for it...
which is just kinda human nature... theres no probable cause to rag on me for not liking how someone functions...

and i'm not the one to get Mozilla for her computer... after all, its her computer, and i dont have any jurisdiction over what she has on there...
one i reinstall the OS in my computers and my laptop i'm using right now, i will probably get Mozilla because i like it much more...