Quantcast

interesting marz/rock shox frankenstein fork

Sep 12, 2004
i was watching a dartmoor team rider video and did a double take and came across this fork - i didnt even know this was possible - or why you would want to do this?

and as of late, i have been drooling over the dartmoor two4player - an aluminum 24in, 135mm, disc frame at 4.14lbs. (the pink bike above is the proto?old model? of the blue bike below)

meh - just thought id share

podz

Chimp
Nov 21, 2009
peterborough, UK
i wouldnt be laughing at that. i heard that marz lowers are stronger then arnold AND chuck combined. just sayin. do your HW.
yeah i dont think ive seen any broken marz lowers before, but seen plently of broken marz uppers, including all the internals inside my DJ1s not a clue how but meh, and im likin the dartmoor ALOT.

Sep 12, 2004
and i think i do remember seeing some m arch lower broker right at the middle m but i think they were on those crap forks that came on $500 specialized bikes and they were actually made by suntour or something like that

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i wouldnt be laughing at that. i heard that marz lowers are stronger then arnold AND chuck combined. just sayin. do your HW.
The only time I have ever cracked any set of lowers, was on a marzocchi, when i got the warrantied lowers, those cracked too. Since, I have only owned rockshox and none have given me any trouble at all.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
ive heard of marzocchi lowers cracking when the bolts on the dropouts were overtightened. it happened on my friends old 888. but on the other hand im still rockin an 03 jr t on my dh bike thats been through hell