Quantcast

Interbike - Video about new 07' Hayes/Sun Ringle' gear... one thing though...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
They made nearly nothing new for 07 and blew a ton of money to drive from Wisconsin to Vegas?

Overall the same stuff from both companies...mostly mediocre with a few bright spots (Mags come to mind).

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
That host guy was obnoxious and the second Hayes guy (the wheel guy) I couldn't even listen to. What's with people not being able to talk about their own products?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Wow, good product spiel from the hayes marketing geek, not so great from sun, but holy crap the wandering host with his aviators and bandana. Yikes.

I bet the pink bike groms LOVE it though, so target market reached!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay so i wasnt the only one who noticed that these guys didnt really seem to know what they were talking about. ohh well still good to see some new products comming out from both companies.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
with the guy talking about the mountain cycle box i kept on saying, "if he says ect. one more time, i'm going to slap him right in the face" and he kept on doing it but couldn't slap him ARGH!

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
the guy sounded like he was reading directly off a script and had no idea as to what he was saying about the bike, repeating the same thing over and over again for different answers. He seemed to have zero to none riding experience with the bike. and a few riders, for example in the cannondale video she had no idea what was on the bike and even common obvious questions about the bike she was stumped, In a few videos some of the riders they interviewed played dumb maybe they found it funny. However It is funny that a lot of the people they interviewed either had no idea what was going on or didn't even want to be bothered in the first place (which i would guess to be the majority).

The only excuse i could find was the heat irritated people, but come on its not that bad and they are representing their companies they should act more professionally. Especially when they are trying to sell their protect and communicate with their consumers.

well im done, say what you want but WOW.....

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
I deserve to give her respect, as I have just learned, she could probably kick my ass down a good amount of DH runs so ignore my negative comments about her

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I will say that it is a little wierd to get in front of a camera the first few times. The marketing/sales guys have NO excuse. I have watched a couple of these and it is AMAZING how hard it is for some of these guys to just give a simple overview of their product line.

The girl from canondale is Leanna Gerrard, and yes she does race. She is actually pretty quick. She has a few decient finishes @ national races in 4X, but races DH as well. She is just young and should not have been put in front of a camera withou some practice, despite her looks. It has been my experience, that lots of professional riders in lots of sports do not actually know that much about their product. What they care about is if the stuff works or not, that is it.

p.s. they must have spent a fair bit of time choosing the worst people to host these.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
O.K. - so I guess some of you are on the same page as I am...

The host from RIP.TV was not only visibly drunk, but also.... well - let's just say he could have done a better job at hosting.

Did you see him trying to goof in the background while the Sun Ringle' rep was trying to be professional and talk about product???

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Would pay good money to see you dirtbags in front of a camera for 30 seconds just trying to recite your own name and social security number without stumbling on your tongues... :D

As for Leclerc...that was absolutely fukkstoke! I'd feed him that 8 ball the second the camera cut off.

Malcolm pulled off the Cane Creek vid pretty well though...

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I for one thoroughly enjoyed the C-Dale clip. It was so poorly done it was hillarious. I enjoyed it for the humor-factor. No offense to Leanna, but as soon as she said that there was a Marzocchi Bomber ... 888 on the front, I knew I wasn't going to learn much. But it was entertaining watching the host try to flirt (can't blame him, and anyway, I think she's from where I live, or near enough!). I have no idea what that bike is even called, what kind of linkage it has, and if there's anything new about it, but apparently that wasn't the point of the interview...
SRAM video was hillarious too! I want to go to interbike just to get a laugh!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Did you watch the Intense SOCOM video?
Hilarious!
host- "Is it good for freeriding?"
Intense guy- "Its for DH. We have the Uzzi for hucking to flat"
Too f'n funny, you can taste the hate!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I gotta say, Tyler did as pretty damn good SRAM presentation. He actually knows the product (Imagine that?). The host again though, just shut up already.

Making fun of Gabe at Cove was just uncalled for though, heh. It's one of Tyler's favorite past times.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
The Intense one was actually pretty good... I've raced with that guy Andrew a bunch of times before, I didn't realize he worked for Intense though... He's very fast and has a super cool style...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Would pay good money to see you dirtbags in front of a camera for 30 seconds just trying to recite your own name and social security number without stumbling on your tongues... :D
you make it sound like it's hard to be in front of a camera...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
you make it sound like it's hard to be in front of a camera...
These guys represent their company on the internet which is bigger then TV and theyve probably done this same talk a zillion times before.
I would assume they would have something to tell about their product that goes a little further then "it really rocks" or "it has X inches of travel".
Camera or not, the movies are really bad...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
My whole thing with the first vid (Haye/Ringle') was the fact that the host was completely unprofessional and rude to the people he was interviewing - people who were ernest in trying to represent their company to the best of their ability.

I can't criticize a company rep if he stumbles a bit - most of the guys talking about product are tech-guys anyway (not P-R trained), so to their credit they are doing a great job.

It's the host that was hired and flown out on someone else's dime to conduct an interview but then acts like a douchebag - that's what gets me. (see Hayes/Ringle' clip)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
the vids don't work for me, any hints? I can see the RIP.TV screen but that's it.
click the play button?

Oh...as for the Chrome Hayes...DUDE!!! That is awesome. Can't you see a photo of me coming around a berm and the flash of the camera sending sparks of white light to bathe me in a halo of high speed glory!!!:brows:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Most of the company representatives had a handle on their product and the ability to articulate it (well the Lenna not so much) its the freakin' hosts.

Though they do seem appropriate for Pinkbike representatives.

Bad Ronald

Chimp
Jun 30, 2005
Danbury, CT
Oh ok...that wasn't a rep anyway. It was Leanna who is on the Bear Naked Cdale team. I wouldn't have expected her to know technical stuff about the bike either...I think they just wanted a pretty face as he spent more time looking at her ass then asking her questions....