Quantcast

Intense Customer Service

ONTHELEVEL

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
2 blocks down on the left
I have been on an Intense for many years now, this M3 is my 7th Intense DH bike. I love the bikes so much and have always been impressed with the attention to detail the company has given to these somewhat race specific frames. The customer service I feel has changed quite a bit since the leaving of Nick Sunseri. Nick was always super happy to help you out and help get you and spare parts you may needed. He had a laid back approach to it and always made you feel comfortable to call and ask advice or inquire with a question. After Nick's departure I felt that the same customer service was not quite there. I was patient and allowed for things to work themselves out and for new employees to get situated with the positions.
Now after all this time I still feel that they have dropped the ball on customer service and that the attention to detail, as to customers and riders has been pushed aside.

Some people have expressed nothing but great things from the customer service and I am happy for them. But for myself and many others we are discouraged by this and just hope that it will all eventually work out. We love the bikes.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I bought an M3 when they first came out and it didn't come with a manual...since the suspension needs to be setup properly I called them up to ask the sag range. The dumbass I talked to didn't know and it took him forever to find an answer. You would think they would have posted this stuff to their site, or at least had it someplace accessible for employees....not like they make 50 different frames

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
After purchasing a used M1, I called Intense about replacements for the rear triangle. They responded with, "This isn't the number you call for STICKERS!". I was dumped from 1 person to another. All I wanted to know was if they had any replacements left. YES or NO. After nearly 2 months with no reponse, Intense has just added another rider to Turner. BRB, Is that my new DHR at the door?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive emailed them 4-5 times about my new Socom and have heard nothing. Its been 4 weeks. They have been pretty helpful when I called though. I guess we will see.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I have had a great experience with Intense's customer service for the most part. Andrew and Chad have always answered all of the questions I have asked in a timely fashion. The only person I felt that did a terrible job was Paul (ironically I am pretty sure he posts here.) Although I have only talked to him once, he was very rude and couldn't be any less informative.
-Just my 2 cents

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I have had a great experience with Intense's customer service for the most part. Andrew and Chad have always answered all of the questions I have asked in a timely fashion.
I've only ever dealt with Chad. When i call i ask for Chad......he's been nothing but great to deal with.

If he's not there he always calls back.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Interesting that stickers get brought up, that's usually my way of judging customer service. I hope companies never underestimate how important they are!

Mountain Cycle was great in that regard (pity their bikes kinda suck), I got a whole pile of extra stickers along with the frame decals I wanted.

Ironhorse was decent, I got a headtube badge for free (expressed to aus!). But my latest sticker request email hasn't been responded to yet...

Specialized totally ignored my email about stickers (and various other things), I've come to expect nothing more from big companies like that though. I understand the bigger a company gets, the harder it is - but honestly they should have infrastructure in place to deal with the extra customer support required as well as the extra bikes!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Nick was great at Intense. He always was able to help me out with anything I had and send me in the right direction on replacement parts. The sucky thing was I had to go through an "Intense" dealer who jacked the prices up high. I know on my M1 it'd be worth replacing if it breaks vs. trying to get replacement parts. Last I heard they were on a "as made" basis. Which sucks.

A lot of it probably has to do with getting people in the departments that have customer service backgrounds. I've worked the customer service deal now for 7-8 years and it really isn't that hard. If you're truthfull, nice about it, and ask the right ways things get done, sometimes above and beyond. Be a jerk and well.........things don't go your way. Being the guy on the phone vs. the warranty department is different.

I've never tried for stickers. I think SRAM sent me a bunch one time, but that was due to a part breaking and just being kind about it. Never bugged companies for stickers LOL...

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
I have been on an Intense for many years now, this M3 is my 7th Intense DH bike. I love the bikes so much and have always been impressed with the attention to detail the company has given to these somewhat race specific frames. The customer service I feel has changed quite a bit since the leaving of Nick Sunseri. Nick was always super happy to help you out and help get you and spare parts you may needed. He had a laid back approach to it and always made you feel comfortable to call and ask advice or inquire with a question. After Nick's departure I felt that the same customer service was not quite there. I was patient and allowed for things to work themselves out and for new employees to get situated with the positions.
Now after all this time I still feel that they have dropped the ball on customer service and that the attention to detail, as to customers and riders has been pushed aside.

Some people have expressed nothing but great things from the customer service and I am happy for them. But for myself and many others we are discouraged by this and just hope that it will all eventually work out. We love the bikes.
well you have way more history with intense bikes than myself. i own 2 intense frames( m1, socom ) and found intense to be helpful and friendly and i've had no problems with them.

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
From tuning tips to parts, I have received excellent, prompt service. I have had much less luck with other bike companies.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
I had good luck with them regarding two used M-1's I bought many years ago.... ...neither of which they had any obligation to help me with.... but, that was years (and apparently a few C.S. reps) ago...

FLdragon

Chimp
Oct 22, 2005
in the area
Nick Sunseri was AWESOME!
Chad is great too...!
Haven't heard back from Intense since Interbike though.
Wonder if there was a shakeup over there?

Intense hasw customer service? The best luck I had getting any replacement parts was $175 for a 2 year old used swingarm to replace the cracked on I had. The funny thing about it, the welds were in a better spot and done nicer on the older swingarm. I sold that thing immediately after building it back up. No intense for me for a while

cshewmake7

Chimp
Aug 7, 2007
Centennial, CO
Being an Intense sponsored rider I obviously have a bias, but I have dealt with Intense before being sponsored by the company and had nothing but great experiences. I only usually deal with Andrew, but he has been great. Ask for Andrew if you're having a tough time, he is one of the nicest bike industry people I've ever talked to.