Quantcast

Intense 2007 full stable (catalog)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Socom looks pretty cool. Definately a good lineup this year. I wish they'd make a 29er 5.5 or 6.6.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Downhiller - awesome post yet again!

I guess the rumors about Intense making a late season FRO M3 are true...

Can't wait to see that one. But in the mean tim I have to agree - the SOCOM looks pretty sweet. Stand-over could be a bit lower, but other than that a sweet frame!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Stuff looks nice, but for the roadies' sakes, I really hope that their world renowned alignment issues don't transfer over to their road bikes.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Who's making their carbon road frame? Coudn't be a US Factory, even Cannodale went to Tawain for their carbon bike.

The Socom looks pretty dope. "The strength of an Uzzi" would imply it's more than a FRO bike, as the Uzzi is a huck bike?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
^^^ now that would be just stupid. offer a frame to the public and have no warrenty on it. thats just bad e-speculation :bonk:
Not untypical at all for 'race only' product.

I have looked the site over (and noe the catalog) to find some mention of this, but they say nothing, in turn, maybe that says something..

If they are truely making a frame of that weight, and they will stand behind it (not just what the warranty 'says', but what they 'do' (see Turner)) That is truely awesome.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
I like the color of the m3 this year. (not that i didn't befor). And the socom and uzzi both look pretty nice.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
If anyone followed the thread on MTBR, the gist was that the SOCOM did indeed come with their standard 2-year warranty, but warranty claims would be scrutinized on a case by case basis. Meaning, if you crash it into a tree and fold a tube, don't expect them to give you a new frame for free. Very fair for a "race weight" frame...

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
^^^ i was under the impression they were trying to market the socum as another dh race bike, and how many top riders race dh on a single crown fork.

originally posted by davep
Not untypical at all for 'race only' product.
I have looked the site over (and noe the catalog) to find some mention of this, but they say nothing, in turn, maybe that says something..If they are truely making a frame of that weight, and they will stand behind it (not just what the warranty 'says', but what they 'do' (see Turner)) That is truely awesome.
okay makes since in a way, but it still doesnt really explain why they wouldnt put a warrenty on the frame unless they were just offering it to there riders, and if that were the case then it wouldnt have been at interbike, or in this catalogue. so hopefully what jbogner said is what is going to be in affect, but we will just have to wait and see.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
dunno but why no ti spring in thre race photo? someone posted up a sick pic of him from that race airing out huge wit hte sc fork it looked badass

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Interesting. Both the M3 and the Socom are available with a 135mm rear spacing, despite having 83mm BBs. Surely this gives terrible chainline? Anybody running this setup?

And yeah, let's hope they can build 'em straight eh? :rolleyes:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Interesting. Both the M3 and the Socom are available with a 135mm rear spacing, despite having 83mm BBs. Surely this gives terrible chainline? Anybody running this setup?

And yeah, let's hope they can build 'em straight eh? :rolleyes:
Just as back aswards as the first year when they were 73mm bb and came as a 150 rear as an option. Or even better, with a standard 73mm bb spacing, any crank bigger than 165mm would hit the seat stay.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Just as back aswards as the first year when they were 73mm bb and came as a 150 rear as an option. Or even better, with a standard 73mm bb spacing, any crank bigger than 165mm would hit the seat stay.
Well, thats what happens when some dude makes it in his garage :bonk:

And i agree big-ted, straight welding would be a bonus on a $2600 frame.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay yes i did forget that chris was running a sc in a wc race :bonk: on me. although how many other riders do you see doing that, and the socom does look a little bit better with a sc on it i will have to say.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !

Well it wasn't a problem if you used a BB with 128mm spindle, otherwise yes your cranks might not clear the seat stay.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Think the seatpost and seat can go fully in without hitting the tire under full bump? If so, this frame just sold one more to me...

I doubt the seat can go all the way down though with that much travel.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Socom=so hot
Uzzi=very sick
M3=always was sick
The lineup is really nice and as usual they have the geometry dialed.
I want the that "jack" shirt, very sweet