Ritchey SC stem
ODI lock ons
cheapo seatpost
Nokian nbx dh tires
dmr v-8 pedals

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Nice, but how high do you want your bars?

8 inch 888's + 1.5 inches of spacers + riser stem + riser bar = way to high IMO.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Nice.

But you've got to lose the inner tube. I took an old red road tire (for a red M1), cut the bead off, and glued the pieces to the tops and bottoms of my stays. I used some industrial strength 3M bubber cemment. The stuff is nice b/c it doesn't bond to the metal. The tire will peal off if I need it to. But anyway, its been there for 2+ years with none of the pealing that I expected, and the bike is near silent. I was expecting to have to periodicly reglue it, but so far it has stayed on fine.

:thumb:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
btw, just curious did you face the non drive side of the b.b.?

how many b.b. spacers did you use?

how many chainline spacers did you use?

thanks

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Cave Dweller said:
Nice, but how high do you want your bars?

8 inch 888's + 1.5 inches of spacers + riser stem + riser bar = way to high IMO.
I agree, but it was the only stem we could get a hold of, did a quick bounce on it, almost got a nose bleed from being so high up :p

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Castle said:
btw, just curious did you face the non drive side of the b.b.?

how many b.b. spacers did you use?

how many chainline spacers did you use?

thanks
I have to admit that I didn't do that part, but I can check with the bike shop.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I was just curious, if they faced through the protrusion on the non drive side or if they just didn't do it and spaced it over.......

I'll be setting up a set of Diablous cranks, but was curious, for future vpfree/saint/diablous (right now not many people have much info on it, Santa Cruz sure doesn't know much about it) builds in the shop, on how the Saint set up... as far as b.b. spacing and chainline spacing.....

thanks for any info you may find.....

Hans

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Castle said:
I was just curious, if they faced through the protrusion on the non drive side or if they just didn't do it and spaced it over.......

I'll be setting up a set of Diablous cranks, but was curious, for future vpfree/saint/diablous (right now not many people have much info on it, Santa Cruz sure doesn't know much about it) builds in the shop, on how the Saint set up... as far as b.b. spacing and chainline spacing.....

thanks for any info you may find.....
Still haven't checked with the bike shop, but if you mean wether they faced it so that they removed part of the aluminum protrusion that sits around the lower pivot bearing then i'd have to say no it doesn't look that way!

BTW does anybody know what that extension on the lower link that extends onder the bb shell is for?

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Hans said:
Still haven't checked with the bike shop, but if you mean wether they faced it so that they removed part of the aluminum protrusion that sits around the lower pivot bearing then i'd have to say no it doesn't look that way!

BTW does anybody know what that extension on the lower link that extends onder the bb shell is for?

it's a suspension bump stop, they have them on there blurs as well.....

do they have a spacer inbetween the non drive side cup and frame to push the cup out passed the protrusion?

thanks for your info, it's greatly appreciated....