Quantcast

Incoming!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Assuming my P.O.S. T-100 doesn't sh*t the bed on the way down, I'm temporarily moving to Asheville next week for the remainder of the winter and would love to hook up with some of you guys to do some trail rides, shuttles, pump track sessions, trips to Windrock, and moto rides. I'm still stuck in 'wuss mode' for a little while due to lingering thumb and ankle injuries, but I heard y'all* got quite a bit of snow recently, so it might be a bit before the trails are ready to rip again anyway?

In any event, hit me up via email, PM, cell phone (207-712-1844), or just reply to this thread. Looking forward to it!

John P.

*Y'all. See, I'm feelin' the South already!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Great news man.
Singletrack and BBQ FTW.
Yeah, Asheville got hammered with snow, but it should clear up soon.
I am 45 minutes south of Asheville and trails are good to go here.
Let me know when you get here, and we'll go sliding on something.:thumb:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Hell yeah - will be nice to have another rider around. Even one that didn't respond to my email when I emailed him while planning a trip to Whistler. :)

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Its gonna need a few days of warm weather before the pisgah stuff is running again, but the snow in Asheville is mostly gone. I'm definitely in for trail rides and shuttles...glad to hear you're gonna be in the area.

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
a group headed out of sycamore yesterday and rode clawhammer to black to avery. pretty snowy still up top, but if you know the cut-through road to the halfway point on avery you'll be riding the whole time. thats all for now.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
If you want to ride that moto. Let me know. Also Kenan, we should Take him on that half way ride again. ;)

oh and you have to do the Icycle.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
My long lost brother's coming home! I am Asheville. :rockout: Sending you an email in a minute.

Who's up for some squirrel gravy? And while I have no light this year...yes, you MUST do the Icycle!:headbang:

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
Hey John, I met you years ago at the 10e series when you were working with the Evil guys. used to ride with Nate Brown and those guys back in the day. anyway, i'm in charlotte now and spend some days riding wilson creek/pisgah with Kenan, Jeremy and others. Currently nursing a ruptured bicep but could probably make a trip or two out asheville way before February when my wife is due with daughter #2.

Jacob

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Guys-

Thanks for all the hook-ups! I should be set up at my new place in West Asheville by the end of next week, so I'd be up for some trail riding next weekend. As I said, my ankle and thumb are kind of junk right now, but that'll just give me another excuse when I get dropped on the first hill. :)

Can't wait.

John
P.S. Kenan, I must've seen your Whistler Email and knew it would result in an international incident. Seriously though, I'm not sure what the hell happened there . . . I don't recall getting the Email! In any event, beers on me after the first ride!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
:thumb:
Guys-

John
P.S. Kenan, I must've seen your Whistler Email and knew it would result in an international incident. Seriously though, I'm not sure what the hell happened there . . . I don't recall getting the Email! In any event, beers on me after the first ride!
Don't worry. It's not like Kenan ever calls anybody back. Which reminds me, if you have an iPhone, consider it a brick when you move to rural NC.

Hope you're not living on a road named Deaverview.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
:thumb:

Don't worry. It's not like Kenan ever calls anybody back. Which reminds me, if you have an iPhone, consider it a brick when you move to rural NC.

Hope you're not living on a road named Deaverview.
Aawww shucks...Deaverview has a bad reputation but they're all sweethearts over there. :cupidarrow: