Quantcast

$$$$ In the tropics Thursday GTM ¥¥¥¥

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Because I was in the wrong place, as @AngryMetalsmith pointed out...

Here. Interview last night was for photojournalistic piece. It's going to take quiet a bit longer to do because he wants to get real race footage too. K1 obviously wants it to be all K1 footage, but if we're doing the time spent, I want outdoor to pull the ability to get $$ support as well.

Otherwise, meh. Layla woke me up twice last night. This apparently means that I need sleep, because I'm a space cadet.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
yo,

ran out of cat food last night, and as a result, batcat slept on the step and made enough noise to keep the neighborhood up, I guess I will go to the store today.

The Cinema lens showed up yesterday, cine camera body should arrive today. still undecisive on what particular line anamorphics I want to buy.

In other news,

coffee is going through me like a 7.62, brb
which camera...

since nikon acquired RED...

interesting...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
We're still back and forth in that regard. Partially because the first 5 sleepless months are the worst, partially because having #2 means we can't focus as much on #1. Our #1 has been a great kid. Better than I could have imagined. Do I really want to jeopardize that?
We had the same thoughts. Hence 5.5 years between Madelyn and Isla. Wouldn’t change a thing. Not a chance I’d have a 3rd though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dog woke me up at 4:30 AM by jumping on our bed and rolling around on me, and I will never get upset at that. The weather was lousy this morning, so I started the WFH early and ran at 11:00 when the weather settled down.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We had the same thoughts. Hence 5.5 years between Madelyn and Isla. Wouldn’t change a thing. Not a chance I’d have a 3rd though.
Wife was an only child and only kid in her family. She hated it. She also doesn't like the fact that once her parents are gone, she's all alone. So I think part of her desire to have another is so ours has a sibling. Never any guarantee that works out, but also not a guarantee it doesn't.

We've got lots of reasons to have another, and only a few to not.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Wife was an only child and only kid in her family. She hated it. She also doesn't like the fact that once her parents are gone, she's all alone. So I think part of her desire to have another is so ours has a sibling. Never any guarantee that works out, but also not a guarantee it doesn't.

My wife has 2 sisters that she has a great relationship with. So hopefully our girls will have that. I have a sister and we are more like oil and water.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

As long as you don't do it like I did, you should be fine. :rofl:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
That's the biggest cell phone I've seen since 80s bag phones.
I guess perspective is a good idea.

IMG_3190.jpeg

GoPro for scale, this camera and lens combo is not only a fraction of the size and weight of my previous cine rigs but it also stomps on my previous setup’s capabilities and performance

my previous setups

IMG_5513.jpeg

IMG_4939.jpeg

I hung on to the Sony FS5 till it became discontinued and unsupported because it was significantly smaller and lighter than the FS7/FS9. What used to be a full passenger seat of gear to do a gig is now the footprint of a standard mirrorless but more abilities.

Crazy time to be alive.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We're still back and forth in that regard. Partially because the first 5 sleepless months are the worst, partially because having #2 means we can't focus as much on #1. Our #1 has been a great kid. Better than I could have imagined. Do I really want to jeopardize that?
I highly recommend 2. or 3. just make sure the 2nd ends up a super snuggly and sweet kid eh, then you're set