Quantcast

Impressions of my BCD Inedible

LaharDesign

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
ugh! I got a hematoma on the inside of my wrist the size of a tennisball when a mold popped open once. Hospitalised

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Bicyclist said:
Sorry to drag up such an old thread, but I've got a few questions for Sanjay.

How would you compare you Commencal DH bike to the BCD? How does each ride? Which is better in the really fast stuff where you've just gotta hold a line?
Caught me at the perfect time. I haven't had any internet access from since I was in North Carolina.
As far as the comparison between the two bikes go, it is a bit hard for me to say which one is better. I was on the BCD 2 seasons ago and was on an SGS all of last year. Also with the BCD Inedible (not sure if Alex will make any more of these) the geometry was custom per rider. On my bike I had it set up low and slack so it was nice and stable, but the rear end was very short so it turns a lot quicker. My Commencal's geometry is a bit different. The head angle is a couple degrees steeper and the rear end is a bit longer. On a course like we had at Vermont last weekend I did notice the slightly steeper head angle, but I feel like it is still stable due to a bit longer rear end.
Both bikes seem to be able gobble up large hits with a relatively small amount of rear travel (7" on the Inedible with a romic, 7" on the Supreme Dh with a Fox DHX5.0). I feel like this allows both of these bikes to turn very quick because there isn't a lot of wasted suspension movement.
Also both the Inedible and the Supreme DH have super stiff rear ends. The Commencal has a nice beefy pivot and also has a linkage which helps keep everything stiff. On the Inedible Alex uses two head set bearings which I think are out of a king headset. The only flex you feel on either of these bikes come from a loose rear wheel and a tire with low pressure folding.
On a side note I was also able to get an E-13 LG1 guide installed while I was at the US Open. I know some people were concerned about the chainguide that come stock with the bikes. I have it with a taco to protect the sprocket and haven't has any issues ridding some of the harshest courses on the circuit.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I now have easy access to the net.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sanjay, one quick question.

I heard the rearward axle path on the Inedible makes it corner a bit weird. Is this true? How does it corner compared to your Commencal?

Thanks a bunch!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Bicyclist said:
Sanjay, one quick question.

I heard the rearward axle path on the Inedible makes it corner a bit weird. Is this true? How does it corner compared to your Commencal?

Thanks a bunch!
sanjay will coment next time he is at a pc.

i'll say yes, it can be weird if you START with 17'' cs. then at sag they
are 17.5 and loaded 18. they would feel weird trying to rail with 18+?

mine are 16.25 or 16.5 to start so i have no problem cornering fast.
even with 29's!