Quantcast

I'm fammmmmmmouuusssssssssssssss

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Dirt issue #84, page 94, bottom left :cheers:

Sorry, shameless I know, but I've been racing 10+ years and never been in a magazine before, (as far as I know) :biggrin:

Had forgotten about it, but people talking about spotting themselves in the back of DH vids in another thread prompted me :redface:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Finnnnne, but if DIRT-HQ comes and bitch-slaps me with a cease and desist order for infringing their copyright I'm going to blame youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :P

Just my luck that the article I appear in is one where they've intentionally made the photos look old-fashioned and poor-quality like polaroids to reflect the grass-roots level of the racing. If DIRT-HQ reads this could you send me the original photo as it's much better than most of the shots I have of myself! :)

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
Nice one Seb. I have to say the face doesn't look much like yours - prob the reduced quality image, though I can see that it is you, yes.

See you at the weekend...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Nice one Seb. I have to say the face doesn't look much like yours - prob the reduced quality image, though I can see that it is you, yes.

See you at the weekend...
Yep, Gawton for sure! Probably just one day for me, you going down for both? I want to hit Wentwood up before the race there the following weekend.

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
Hey Seb, we'll let you off the copyright infringement seeing how it's made you so happy:happydance:

Ed H took the shot, he's still learning the craft of race photography...that was his first assignment.

Even better, I can send you the original.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Hey Seb, we'll let you off the copyright infringement seeing how it's made you so happy:happydance:

Ed H took the shot, he's still learning the craft of race photography...that was his first assignment.

Even better, I can send you the original.
Now thats an awesome magazine right there!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Ah, see, there is good in the world :) Cheers mr dirt, PM'd you my email address :D

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
#100, fo' sho' :D

For some reason I was the top seeded Senior there - didn't win though, finished 5th out of 80-odd IIRC.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I miss Dirt. Since moving from the UK I cant get my grubbies on a copy. I am planning to have my collegues bring copies in when they travel home and back to SOuth Korea.
Best UK mag, congrats Seb!

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Are you rockin cut wetscreams?
Nope, I've only run two sets of tyres in the last 12 months, either 2.35 ST highrollers, or Mud 3s. Mud 3s in the pic.

Dirt's emailed me a 12MP original of the photo, true to their word, good beans! :)

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
^^ post it up,, the scanned ones hard to see
Not the most amazing pic in the world for sure - but let's be clear I mean because I'm no Sam Hill, not because the photographer did a poor job! Definitely the best race photo I've ever had of myself by some margin though :)

Hoodie because it was fapping freezing, and no goggles because it was so dark going into the woods.

Last edited:

DIRT-HQ

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
Wales
Not only did you get you're mug in a magazine but now you've got a two, nearly three page thread on the Monkey.

Woot woot:banana: