Quantcast

If a Starbucks isn't a Starbucks

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Isn't Timmy's more comparable to Dunkies? I'm not trying to say DD coffee is good quality but, it fills a certain void in life. When I am away from the Northeast for more than a couple weeks it is one of those things I crave (like pizza, bagels, sports talk radio, & humidity). It's better than most deli swill or any fast food joint, it's less pretentious than Starbucks, and in the suburbs we seem to be at a loss for any decent private coffee joints. For example, I tried a local "coffee brewery" and it was just a cross between a deli & a Starbucks. If I'm going to waste $2 on a coffee I'll go with the qty of a large Dunkin Donut's.

-ska todd

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Isn't Timmy's more comparable to Dunkies? I'm not trying to say DD coffee is good quality but, it fills a certain void in life. When I am away from the Northeast for more than a couple weeks it is one of those things I crave (like pizza, bagels, sports talk radio, & humidity). It's better than most deli swill or any fast food joint, it's less pretentious than Starbucks, and in the suburbs we seem to be at a loss for any decent private coffee joints. For example, I tried a local "coffee brewery" and it was just a cross between a deli & a Starbucks. If I'm going to waste $2 on a coffee I'll go with the qty of a large Dunkin Donut's.

-ska todd
Pretty much....yes.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Dunkin and Tim's are on par. I don't understand the hype associated with "amazing" coffee. It's just not a beverage that I am willing to devote the time required to become a connoisseur of. When it comes to coffee or pussy I want it hot, quick, cheap and in large quantities. For Christ's sake it is "Joe" or a "cup of mud". Stop putting it on a pedestal.