Quantcast

If a Starbucks isn't a Starbucks

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Um... going back to roots? It's smart. Poor taste on a pushy, mass-market way, but very smart business wise.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
F uck starbucks!

Tom Ho's is where its at! Great tasting cheap coffee, no fancy drinks here.

There is one about every 2 miles around here and they all have 5 minute lines inside and drive thru every morning. It's like a drug.

A few just opened up in NYC, I can't wait to hear how they work out. Whoreonto Canada has them everywhere.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
In certain neighborhoods in Seattle, rolling out of a starbucks is like rolling out of a strip club. People at my job give me **** whenever I have a starbucks cup.

Many people in Seattle think that starbucks is the anti-christ.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
As a Canadian, Starbucks coffee is WAY better than Timmy's....
no kidding. tim's coffee is pretty mediocre, however their donuts are just terrible. they all taste like pre-packaged dog turds with extra rubber. if i'm in canada, it's robbins donuts or nothing...

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
In lamens terms, New Yorkers must rely on starbucks to get a decent cup of coffee. Where as in Seattle, good coffee is everywhere.
Ahh, I should have figured that out. and yes, coffee is everywhere in this city. In my neighborhood there are 6 coffee shops on two blocks...not even joking.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm so sorry that your choices for caffeinated beverages are so limited... :(

Canadian beer sucks too. Well Unibroue is good stuff but the variety of beer available in Canuckistan sucks, at least in the areas I have visited in the past few years.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Canadian beer sucks too. Well Unibroue is good stuff but the variety of beer available in Canuckistan sucks, at least in the areas I have visited in the past few years.

You need to visit a freakin loan officer to buy a case of beer in good old canada. It is even expensive at the Duty Free.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001

"Well you can take your stars and you can take your bucks, stick it up your ass - coffee sucks!"

-ska todd

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
In lamens terms, New Yorkers must rely on starbucks to get a decent cup of coffee. Where as in Seattle, good coffee is everywhere.
I don't know where in NY you're getting all that ****ty coffee, but there are plenty of better options around up here.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That is a good point yo bring up. I have been to many awesome coffee shops in NY. But how often do you get to have a farmer deliver you a pot of coffee through your window in the morning?
The farmers up here produce milk, not coffee, dumbass. :D

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
F uck starbucks!

Tom Ho's is where its at! Great tasting cheap coffee, no fancy drinks here.

There is one about every 2 miles around here and they all have 5 minute lines inside and drive thru every morning. It's like a drug.

A few just opened up in NYC, I can't wait to hear how they work out. Whoreonto Canada has them everywhere.
They are even more ubiquitous in Canada than Starbucks is in the states. From one spot in Hamilton, ON 5 locations are in sight. I miss Tim Horton's. The is no option for cheap coffee from a place that always has a fresh pot in Korea.