Quantcast

Icycle 2011

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
They had problems with some, but not all of the batteries. 1 out of 5 failed is just not up to GeoMan standards. No cells exploding or anything, just some overheating and not holding a charge. MagicShine has a new digital pack that should preform better. .....Now back to your regularly scheduled program :) Whos ready for some frozen DH run!!!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
One of the guys at my trail ordered one and said he had to re-wire the ground. I'm thinking it may not neccesarily be the battery, but a bad ground that drains the battery real quick. This is only a hunch though.
Just saw this. So much for cheap + quality:
To Our Valued Geomangear Customers,

Geomangear temporarily has stopped selling Magicshine lightsets due to our concerns regarding the safety, quality, and performance of Magicshine’s lithium-ion battery packs sold by Geomangear between July 2009 and November 2010. We have determined that these Magicshine battery packs do not meet Geomangear’s high expectations regarding product safety, quality, and performance. We have notified both the manufacturer of Magicshine lightsets and the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission that Geomangear intends to voluntarily recall all Magicshine battery packs sold by Geomangear.

We are actively working with the Safety Commission, outside engineering consultants, and a new battery pack supplier to evaluate product recall options for our customers. Geomangear will provide recall information and instructions directly to our affected customers after our final corrective action plan has been approved by the Safety Commission.

If you bought a Magicshine lightset from us between June 2009 and November 2010, please discontinue using your lightset until we are able to provide you with an upgraded replacement battery pack. Despite our best efforts, this process will take some time, and we ask for your patience. You can rest assured that Geomangear has taken, and will continue to take, appropriate steps to protect the safety of our customers, and we will stand behind our products. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and appreciate your continued loyalty and support during this unprecedented situation our company is facing.

Thanks!!

Geoman

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Last edited:

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Where is the DH run and do you need a certain power light? I'm sure the more the better but what would be the minimum suggested?
The Downhill is the same trail it's always been down Turkey Shoot Tr. that comes down behind the Store. past two years it's been the short version.

Minimum 10W headlamp or bar-mounted lamp is the requirement. flashlights aren't going to cut it

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
For some reason I thought the Night DH was at Dark Mtn. Is this near Tsali? I've never ridden in that area. Where is the best place to stay? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to put it together in my head.

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
For some reason I thought the Night DH was at Dark Mtn. Is this near Tsali? I've never ridden in that area. Where is the best place to stay? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to put it together in my head.
location: Fontana Village it's about 20 mi. past Tsali; there are Cabins you can rent... there are also single rooms at the Lodge (off season rates) cabins are a good deal if you have several people to share the costs

http://www.fontanavillage.com/accommodations/accommodation/3

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Do not "if" this. Do this. There is one "event" we all aim for every single year and it's the Icycle. 100% worth every minute of it. Bring a change of clothes to change into before your race run and plan to stay up very, very late. Try to get a cabin as close to the course as possible...and you're good.

Last edited:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
The Downhill is the same trail it's always been down Turkey Shoot Tr. that comes down behind the Store. past two years it's been the short version.

Minimum 10W headlamp or bar-mounted lamp is the requirement. flashlights aren't going to cut it
Short version means a time of 1:30 is average.

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Do not "if" this. Do this. There is one "event" we all aim for every single year and it's the Icycle. 100% worth every minute of it. Bring a change of clothes to change into before your race run and plan to stay up very, very late. Try to get a cabin as close to the course as possible...and you're good.
I planning on coming, just need to find some lights.