Quantcast

I-tunes help

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the only thing i don't like about iTunes is that you can't customize the layout. I would like a file tree on the left, in place of that stupid list with things like "my library" "podcasts" "recently played" "recently added" "top 25 most played" "bukakke"

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I was looking for something a bit more intuitive. the reason for the exercise is to set up all of the files I'm going to download to my new Ipod.

All of the downloads I have and rips are all in disarray. It looks like I have derivatives of artists names that make the list huge....

SO, any tips would be awesome as well! :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
far as i know that stuff has to be done manually. there is a way that iT will keep track of when new files are put into a directory and autmatically import them

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
two tips:

a) you can just drag files to the library instead of file -> add to library

b) if you select multiple tracks (or multiple artists, each with many tracks) by using the shift or control keys, then apple/alt I will let you modify tags on all of them at once

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
I haven't used my iTunes in a while. I sold my ipod but you might want to try a drag and drop or a shift click when opening a file and see if you can multiple click on songs. That's if you are on a Mac, a lot of things are hidden that you can use like command option etc just like shift click. You can try holding down combos and clicking on several songs. Try multiple songs and drag and drop to the library folder. Let me know if it works.