Quantcast

I now hate the Chili Peppers

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
If the guy in the cubicle next to me listens to RHCP "Stadium Arcadium" one more time, i am going to kill somebody.

He bought it the other day, and has listened to it about 1000 times already.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hate the album maybe, or a song, but hate a band because some dumb @ss next to you played something too much? Go back and listen to Blood Sugar Sex Magik son and let your faith be renewed!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
BillT said:
Uplift Mofo Party Plan was their best album and it has been downhill from there.

it was their best album but blood sugar sex magik is a classic. it went downhill fast from there.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
I had a colllege roommate that would listen to nothing but Dylan's Blood On The Tracks or Ziggy Stardust. Hearing a "well known" track from either still brings a sharp pain to my forehead.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
BillT said:
Uplift Mofo Party Plan was their best album and it has been downhill from there.
That is like saying Janet Reno used to be hot.....

Never was.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yep. Not a big chilis fan here. When I think of the couple of decent songs they had, and compare it all to the amount of crap I hear on the radio, it turns out they have much more suck than not suck. Which, you know, means they suck.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I just started a new job, and I found some music on the computer I'm using. It's so rad. Stuff I haven't listened to in a while. I was just blasting "Ride The Lightning".

Well, not blasting. It played really quietly while I listened close to the speaker.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
My roomate for a while in college played nothing but that sh1ty "I Love Rock and Roll" song over and over, utill I punched him. I have no simpathy for you hearing an entire album of different songs by the RHCP

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
The kid below me last year probably only owned 5 songs. He would play them constantly, and loudly enough that my room would vibrate. All I could hear was the base...one night I was about 5 seconds away from going downstairs and throwing his subwoofer out of the window...promptly to be followed by him going out of the window.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
To me, not much was worse than the year everyone had Santana's "Smooth" playing all the time.

Well, the year that Nickelback's "You Remind Me Song" also sucked pretty hard.

BillT

Monkey
Tenchiro said:
They are another band whose lead singer should have died early, before they ran themselves into the ground...
The problem with the Chili Peppers is not that the lead singer should have died early, but that their bassist died early of a heroine overdose and then they 'grew up' and started to suck.