Quantcast

I need a new motorcycle

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
On a side note. Since I sold the Buell, I decided to build something cooler than before. I found a frame builder in Upland who built this bike:

I will do something similar, only using the Buell engine and black out the fork. I actually have quite a few changes planned, but the dual 21" wheels is the main goal. Also running mid controls, not forwards.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm moving to PHX or NOLA in August, so the liquid cooled is an idea I can't ignore.

I like the white one a lot. I know, I'm a tool.
Mind you it needs a few changes, like the head lights and a few other parts, but it does come with a lot of what I would have done to the bike, like the racing forks.
Don't bother with any moto if you move to New Orleans.

I wondered why I never wanted a motorcycle when I lived there, and my trip reminded me why.

I rode a bicycle from the Lower 9th Ward to the Riverbend, and it was probably 8 miles total on totally flat roads.

While riding through the French Quarter on a motorcycle may seem romantic, if you like avoiding horse manure, tourists, street performers, and lots of trucks and SUV's going 5mph, that's the place.

I did actually rent a Harley but it was really unnecessary. Even when I rode out to Slidell, where I stayed for a few days, I was actually pining for my commute through the Silicon Valley.

If I was to move to New Orleans, I get a dual sport or a supermoto. The roads have gotten a lot worse, and you can pull all kinds of hinky moves cops in other cities would confiscate your bike.

But there is a motorcycle culture in the French Quarter. I saw a lot of Harleys parked on Toulouse. That's the bike of choice for most fags.