Quantcast

i love hittin triple didgits in my car

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
just thought i would let ya'll know. conversly dickless rednecks in big trucks annoy me.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
biggins said:
just thought i would let ya'll know. conversly dickless rednecks in big trucks annoy me.
Huh?

I had a dream last night I owned a street bike. 2nd dream that I can remember where I owned either a crotch rocket or a cruiser.

[as for speed... 136 in my 340hp Monty SS back in the day, I only let off because I was afraid I was gonna get busted... she was still pushin the needle at a good pace. Note: for all you chevy experts that are gonna try and bash me on the "speedo maxes out at 85" you, be wrong... I had the Aero Coup speedo, maxed out at 150 :blah:]

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Did you fix it yet???
No I'm waiting for a f'ing part to come in. F'ing online places sometimes.... I'll tell ya... waste O' my time.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
On the speedo, or Odo? I do enjoy hitting triple digits on the speedo for sure. I got the only speeding ticket in my new car on the way back from picking it up at the dealership. 138KPH in a 100KPH zone. Minor compared to the speed I was going before the cop spotted me.

Note: A Nissan Maxima rides like a dream over 200KPH, and has power to spare. My new Sentra seems to be drag-limited to around 170KPH, but it get's there in a hurry...

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
:stosh:

Were you going down a big hill or something?

You couldn't even run up on our Rental truck to moon us! :nope: :nope:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Jesus... I can't imagine what would happen to my truck if I tried to hit 100+mph.

I've been over 100k miles for a while now.

Nothing wrong with my rig (at least, not to me).

There, I covered all 3 branches of this thread, I think...

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
173 in a 360 Modena.

I saw a guy who had to be going 200 on Superbike a week or so ago. We have had a epidemic of dead Motorcycle riders here in the last month something like 26 in 30 days

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
jacksonpt said:
Jesus... I can't imagine what would happen to my truck if I tried to hit 100+mph.

I've been over 100k miles for a while now.

Nothing wrong with my rig (at least, not to me).

There, I covered all 3 branches of this thread, I think...
Me too, My Jeep has 184k and it is still as peppy as when I got it, but I don't have any desire to push it!

I have gotten my Subaru 1.8l impreza up to 110. But I thought it might blow up so I slowed down :)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
somehow cars never last more than 80k miles in my household. the stop and go traffic here in Lima turns cars into crap in no time.

top speeds
driving=235kph 1993 Mazda Rx7, but i constantly hit 200-210kph when driving to my favourite beaches 90km south of lima (awesome km´s-long straights in the middle of a desert, with flat out bends, that i know people has taken at 260kmh flat).

riding along=around 165mph (the car was dialed in mph, not kmh) 1995 mustang saleen, and the car didnt push anymore, it was on like a 20km long perfect straight.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
In hi-school, i had an Rx-7. that thing would roll.
125 mph on the interstate. I made a 70 minute trip in 45.
I used to race the rednecks i went to school with in their big ass trucks with V-8's & **** & I NEVER got smoked.
Its a wonder I am still alive.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
:stosh:

Were you going down a big hill or something?

You couldn't even run up on our Rental truck to moon us! :nope: :nope:
maybe it has something to do with the size of the engine maybe? im not sure though.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Did you notice how I then stayed in the left lane so if there would be any mooning on your passenger's part his ass would be about .4332543 inches from your face?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
pretty sly there florida boy. it got kinda old being in a car that long with two dudes that had their pants unbottoned waiting to show their asses.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
pretty sly there florida boy. it got kinda old being in a car that long with two dudes that had their pants unbottoned waiting to show their asses.

Well its a good thing that you picked one of them up on the internet :eek:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn that was low dude. however i did pick you up on the internet as well............

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Me and the duc would hit triples every day...I miss that bike. The less between you and the ground there is seems to equate with the feeling of speed you get.....

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
i hit 105 in a 88' toyota pick-up 4x4. but the fastest i have been is like 150 in i think it was a BMW 745. but what ever it was it had a v12 and it was ungodly fast.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
I hit many times my limiter on my passat.. 135mph (probably twice a year). 100+ is pretty much weekly out of on-ramps because it's kind of fun then I slow down to a more cop-friendly speed.
Sometime I am thinking about getting the limiter removed (supposidly it's a 148mph fast wagon) but what's the point really? For 500$ (chip w/o limiter) I'd rather buy some other toy .. It's not like you can get away too often with that kind of speed anyway even in Utah where cops are really mellow about speeding.
If I lived in Munich that be different :D

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Clark Kent said:
Me and the duc would hit triples every day.
still have one...still hit the triples!

speed in car = 120 (sister passat)
miles = 150k (my 91 toyota)
speed on bike = (i was to scared to look down)

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
In my car: 135-140ish
fastest sustained speed: 120 for about 30 minutes
Sport bike: 135-140ish (with manimal)
Fastest Ride along: 140-150 in a lambo gallardo
(i always look at the speedo when I start slowing down so i have to guess)

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Fast speed ever driven in my truck.......89 MPH

Fastest speed ever reached in another car...........132 (passat)

I must say 132 kinda freaked me out a bit..........One Blown tire, One little mistake, and you're pretty much dead.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i went on a shuttle ride where my ears popped, three times....

speeding in cars is boring to me, especially since when i do it it's over long drives, so that eventually 100+mph feels like 70mph anyways. Then when i hit Seattle the speed limit goes down to 60mph it feels like i'm crawling.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Ive done 112 a couple of times which is the limiter in my subaru.
Ive been in an X.5 when its hit the limiter at 155 on winter condition roads in maine (I havent been back in a car with that guy since)
My subaru is just over 96,000 miles and its a '99

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I hit the limiter daily in my Mazda 3 Sport at 188km/hr. I've topped out my friends Acura CL Type-S at 240-something km/hr. Been a passenger in several cars that have hit + 250km/hr. Autobahn is so much more fun then North American highways.