Quantcast

I lost by best friend Drexel today. Drexel Greene - best trail dog ever!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
2013-01-18 18.35.20.jpg

My eyes and head are sore from crying. 14 years old and wide open up until the very end. Every other dog before was my parents and it hurt to lose them, but I picked this guy up at the pound at 9 weeks old, and he's driven me nuts ever since...in such a good way.

Don't know what I would have done without him. Nothing can top unconditional love.:(

Never felt this way about an animal.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Thanks to everybody. I didn't know that when the time came, it would be such a blow to me. I know the missus and girls would have a tough time, but man, am I crushed and useless.

He had dealt with a recurring neck injury over the past 5 years that he learned not to re-injure. Vet had said way back when that it was probably a disk style thing that dogs with long necks tend to incur. He told me way back that it may get worse, better, stay the same, but at some point it would be debilitating.

He'd been easing into his retirement pretty steady, but lost a lot of weight over the last 6 months and back legs started dragging a bit in the last 2 months.

He was walking in the house on the carpet and wife said he gazed, drooled and collapsed down and couldn't get up. Being in the vet's office with him unable to do anything other than lift his head was just unbearable. Really wish he could have passed peacefully in his sleep. But we had to have him put to sleep. Vet said his spine had finally shut everything on his front half down.

Miss the big dork. Ride on.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Sorry to hear. I love my trail buddy and know the feeling of losing a pet. Take some time now and then rescue another little buddy in the future.