Quantcast

I have no idea what to title this.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
This morning I was sitting in my friends truck before school and he got a call for an 18 year old male possible heart attack or overdose. I hope that any of you can learn from our mistake and stop you friends or yourself. We tried to tell ourselves that there was nothing we could do about it, it wasn't effecting his performance so the coaches didn't care, he wouldn't listen to any of us or his girlfriend and now 1 day from graduating and going on to play lacrosse for Endicott it's all gone. RIP Jordan.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Zantac? As in acid the stomach medicine? I'm so lost. When I was in school, we smoked pot.

I never overdosed, but I did fail to make it to Winchell's for donuts once.

Sorry about your friend. I have always stepped in if someone is being a jackass, but there is only so much you can do, too.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was strongly affected about what TheJoker, a mutual friend in real life, had to say about suicide.

While your life might really suck, killing yourself f***s over everyone else in your life.

There was a kid out in Orinda who drank himself to death. While he probably was not suicidal, the results end up being the same. I mention this because I know a lot of his friends.

I think we do have a responsibility to our friends, family, and society, and the first tenet is surviving.

Last edited:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Something that sound like that but is an antidepressent? I wasn't really to interested to hearing how it happened. It's a relief to be sitting on my couch alone watching cartoons and reading ridemonkey. I do however have to go back to school at some point this afternoon because I couldn't restrain a buddy of mine from bowling over a freshman who was talking about going home to play xbox because "this day is boring". The school couldn't have handled the whole situation worse. It's impressive how much more problems they added to this whole deal.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Zanax - big presc drug with a high resale value.
There we go. When I was told I was trying to convince a friend of mine that she didn't need to prepare for her AP presentation and that we were not staying in the library but going to be with everyone else. I'm getting way to good at dealing with this stuff.

Sshields32

Monkey
Mar 7, 2008
Warwick, NY
Kids these days are getting so out of control. Im watching happen all around me.
Someone got sent to the hospital in February because he drank to much. He is a freshman.

My heart goes out to his friends and family.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Something that sound like that but is an antidepressent? I wasn't really to interested to hearing how it happened. It's a relief to be sitting on my couch alone watching cartoons and reading ridemonkey. I do however have to go back to school at some point this afternoon because I couldn't restrain a buddy of mine from bowling over a freshman who was talking about going home to play xbox because "this day is boring". The school couldn't have handled the whole situation worse. It's impressive how much more problems they added to this whole deal.
You should be.

Stuff like this can happen to you a lot easier than you think.

Pay attention and remember it because some day, wether you think so or not, you might be faced with the same temptations.

Keep your chin up.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Zanax - big presc drug with a high resale value.
very close: Xanax, pronounced "zan axe". short acting benzodiazepine, an anti-anxiety med, and valued on the street since its short acting gets one high. favorite of housewives with anxiety... :twitch:

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
I was strongly affected about what TheJoker, a mutual friend in real life, had to say about suicide.

While your life might really suck, killing yourself f***s over everyone else in your life.

There was a kid out in Orinda who drank himself to death. While he probably was not suicidal, the results end up being the same. I mention this because I know a lot of his friends.

I think we do have a responsibility to our friends, family, and society, and the first tenet is surviving.
that kid did not drink himself to death. He drank to much, he feel he hit his head and no one called the ambulance soon enough.

Drinking CAN be as bad as drugs.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
It's been just over 6 months and there's not a single night where he doesn't come up. We all live our lives differently now. RIP kid.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's how life is. Stupid things happen, and you deal with it forever.

A good friend died three years ago in Durham, up the road from you. He was the passenger in a brand new WRX and they were racing around their town late at night, before the driver flipped it.

I never met the driver, but he lived.

My friend was young and crazy at times. I wish I could have been there to stop him, cool him down, say "Hey, maybe we should just hang out tonight, not pull some Rally Car crap at 2am". He was also to be married 4 months after his death.

I don't know how the driver goes on with his life. I know it taught me to be more responsible when it comes to your friends and their safety.

We are the survivors. We keep on going and take what we learn.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
that is one of the big things that made me decide to grow up and actually live life. a couple years ago i had one of my oldest and best friends who had moved away drank and took a bunch of ecstasy and went to a party. he went home at the end of the night and went to bed but never woke up. that had a huge impact on me. it also taught me to look after my friends much better. i dont want to lose anymore people close to me.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
My Cousin OD'd on coke a year ago leaving a 5 year old son and a cokehead mum to "look after" him, my uncle tries to provide for the kid as much as he can, but the mum is a truly horrible person, she spat at my uncle when he offered to take his grandson, and only form of legacy out for the day.

Coke is bad.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Xanax was the drug that made a good friend cross the line to insane.

Think of it as the opposite drug to acid.

Sorry to hear about the 18 y.o.

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
the news has changed in recent times, the coroner now says he is unable to tell the true cause of death. Living in the community where this kid lived and having friends that knew him is weird, these kids still go out and party because there is nothing to do in these up town suburban neighborhoods. A old friend of my OD last week on Oxy cotton, his friends are still doing it this weekend. kids just are not learning

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
its so sad these kids killing themselves.
growing up we drank beer and smoked some weed, some shrooms here and there. i dont get the prescription drug thing, when i broke my collar bone they gave viciden i hated it

btw i have a 13 yr old son i worry every day, i hope he makes wise decisions...

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
btw i have a 13 yr old son i worry every day, i hope he makes wise decisions...
I'll never have kids but for the kids of my sisters i really hope that they get to survive their first mistake and then learn their lesson...

on the other side i can act as an example for overreacting and going from using everything insight to nothing...

and @ the suicide thing: somebody who really is suicidal most of the times thinks his "leaving" will ease the pain on his loved ones, or he/she is so out of his mind that he does not realize there is anything left in the world besides his pain...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here is the post Sanjuro is referring to. May the words help somebody else the way they did me.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
and @ the suicide thing: somebody who really is suicidal most of the times thinks his "leaving" will ease the pain on his loved ones, or he/she is so out of his mind that he does not realize there is anything left in the world besides his pain...[/QUOTE]

the worst day of your life is better than than being dead (i know i sound stupid)