Quantcast

I.......hate......brown.....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Stupid UPS.

So I just moved to a new apartment building. I ordered somthing a month or so ago, and the guy just left the box in front of my door, in my APARTMENT BUILDING! Thats unacceptable.

Today, I was expecting my new camera lens to come in, my girlfriend called me before she went out and said it wasn't there. I said don't worry about it, i'll just go pick it up when I get the info notice when I get home from work. Well, i get home, no info notice. I check online, it was delivered today already. NO PACKAGE TO BE FOUND! I called them, she said the driver did a driver release which he's not supposed to do, and she tried to track it down. Tried to call him at home and all that, but the moral is I have to wait until at least monday so they can ask him whats up.

Brown, the color of

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
fedex is no better. the delivery guy left two, $$$$, packages with "direct sign", ie i must sign and no other, out in the open in front of my apt's door.

Duzitall

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
San Diego
I agree with you Mike. I live less than 100 miles from Jenson. They shipped my order first thing Monday AM just like they always do without fail.

3 days later I wonder what happened because it never takes more than a day. Tracking showed my stuff spent 3 days in Minn. WTF?, that's a long way from San Diego. I email UPS and get some woman in freaking Bombay telling me that my package was delayed by "weather" so I ask her what weather? this is the USA in the summer. What is it, too humid or perhaps to sunny and pleasant to ship stuff? She replies "please accept my appology"

So I have to wait 7 f-ing days for my goods and UPS won't even admit that they screwed up. That's what I want, I want them to just admit THEY SCREWED UP! Not blame it on the "weather".

Alfred

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
Toshi said:
fedex is no better. the delivery guy left two, $$$$, packages with "direct sign", ie i must sign and no other, out in the open in front of my apt's door.
They managed to not deliver the overnight package to me today with my graphic panels for the trade show we are at. :mumble:

What's most amazing is that after they drop the ball, I have to drive across town to, hopefully, pick up the package tomorrow.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
It rocks having the number for the local hub ground supervisor :thumb:

Our UPS girl was a nazi about leaving stuff w/o signatures (we live in a very small building), even after I'd left multiple notes and had people send boxes with "leave sans sig" on the outside...finally had to talk to her in person to get her to leave stuff unless I leave a note saying not to.

The fine people at FedEx have had no problem leaving entire bicycles OUTSIDE of our apartment building, though. Asshats.

"Hey look, FedEx! New bike time! I think he has a bike box...yees...what...what is he doing? Why is he leaving that there? ABUSE!"

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
i have yet to find a shipping, logistics or freight company of any size that didnt suck. i think one of the hiring criteria for those companies is cranial-rectal-inversion. it is probably a promotion criteria as well.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
:stupid:

Until they get big, they'll be better.

Their CS sucks unless YOU know what you're talking about, though. They aren't used to dealing with consumers.

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
"What can brown do for you?"

That is a really bad ad / marketing campaign.

:clue:

I have had problems with all of them. Aside from going to pick up your item, all you can do is deal with it.

:redhot: