I feel so modern

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
splat said:
Welcome to 2006 . we are running the 2007 Office Beta
How's Office 2007?

I've got a small 40gb Seagate drive that I picked up for free here at work, installed OS-X on it and messed with it, was thinking I'd throw Vista Beta 2 and Office 2007 on it next. I played with Vista Beta 1 but didn't see Office.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
binary visions said:
How's Office 2007?

I've got a small 40gb Seagate drive that I picked up for free here at work, installed OS-X on it and messed with it, was thinking I'd throw Vista Beta 2 and Office 2007 on it next. I played with Vista Beta 1 but didn't see Office.
I am running it at home and I freaking LOVE IT - they have made it so much easier to find different things. If you want to add a chart click on one button and is show you all the charts - so far I give it 2 :thumb: Up

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i still prefer OOo. (open office dot org for those of you who don't know about it. just as good, they are essentially the same thing, other than the fact that OOo is free. for the record OOo is more resource intensive than office in terms of memory, for now)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Morryjg said:
Been running O2007 beta 2 for a while. My main complaint is speed, or lack there of.
Yeah, Office 2003 was significantly slower than Office XP. I figured the same would hold true with this version.

Microsoft really needs to offer an "Office Lite" with about 1/2 the features (which most of the population doesn't use or care about).

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
binary visions said:
Yeah, Office 2003 was significantly slower than Office XP. I figured the same would hold true with this version.

Microsoft really needs to offer an "Office Lite" with about 1/2 the features (which most of the population doesn't use or care about).

Seriously....for example, I never use the letter Q.....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MMike said:
Seriously....for example, I never use the letter Q.....
The new ANSI 2007 standard formally eliminates the letters Q and X from the keyboard, and the number 6 which studies have found to be the least-used number. Also, the religions right has lobbied for its elimination due to its association with the devil.

Of course, given your office's upgrade period, you won't see these changes until 2012 at least.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
splat said:
For what little I do in Office , I don't notice any difference. I could probably use office 95 and it would do fine for me :rofl:
I think that most people wouldn't know the difference between Office 95 and 200X

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Upgrading to Office 2003 2nd week in September. Can't wait to be free of Corel 9.

(This, of course, is at work. At home, got Office 2004 for Mac.)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You use Office! That's funny.

Intel has a nice team of developers working on the next version of Open Office that gets rid of a ton of crap left over from Star Office. It also ties in well with MySQL and that helps for doing little things. Open Office (even the fat version) can be run very slim and stable. The price is right too.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
splat said:
For what little I do in Office , I don't notice any difference. I could probably use office 95 and it would do fine for me :rofl:
What possible changes could they make which would benefit the customer?

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
binary visions said:
Of course, given your office's upgrade period, you won't see these changes until 2012 at least.
Well according to Terence Mckenna and the Mayan calendar that is when we'll be leaving this plane of existence and entering a higher realm of reality so you may be right.

My office is so out of date I use an abacus and send emails via smoke signals.