Quantcast

I am not part of the Green Day tribe but.....

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
but they totally kick azz in concert!
First off, I have not bought a Green Day CD since Dookie, and I did not even buy American Idiot. I went to this concert because a buddy of mine got us tickets, but they simply put on one helluva show last night.
One of the best live acts I have ever seen.
The crowd was weird though, because the age gaps were so huge.
They have old fans, and a whole ton of young teeny bopper fans that brought their parents. I was surrounded by a bunch of Neil Young looking dudes with their daughters.

Oh yeah, on a sidenote,
Teenage girls are getting more clueless by the day on their clothing choices.
Just because it is springtime, does not give you the right to fit into that mini skirt that was tight on you 25 pounds ago.
And Midriffs should not even be sold in XXL.
These marshmellows with rubberbands were everywhere.
Sorry for the rant, but this problem grows every year (to about a 38w). ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Jeremy R said:
<snip>
Oh yeah, on a sidenote,
Just because it is springtime, does not give you the right to fit into that mini skirt that was tight on you 25 pounds ago.
Hogwash. This has been a problem since the big hair metal shows of the 80's........... :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
SkaredShtles said:
Hogwash. This has been a problem since the big hair metal shows of the 80's........... :rolleyes:

-S.S.-
Well regardless when it started, it must be stopped!

And yes Jeremy R, Green Day do kick ass, and always have, even though they are a part of the modern day Punk scene.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
SkaredShtles said:
Naw - there's no way to stop the human mating ritual, regardless of how disgusting it is..... :(

-S.S.-

Edit: You're starting to sound like an old man - how old are you?
I be 28, and feeling like 68 today. I think I stayed up to late last night....I need my beauty sleep.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Slowly morphing from the hipster *young* dude into the curmudgeonly *old* dude. :p

-S.S.-
Yep, my newly turned 30 year old azz "morphed" last night.
At the end of the concert they shot out all this confetti crap that went everywhere, and instead of thinking, "Hey, that rocks!"
I thought, "Man, that is going to be a b1tch to clean up." ;)

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
SkaredShtles said:
Slowly morphing from the hipster *young* dude into the curmudgeonly *old* dude. :p

-S.S.-
Yeah, I used to laugh when people said they were getting old and set in their ways, I was like what the hell does that mean.....now, I know what they means, I'm starting to get little things that bother if there not quite so. Oh well, it's all a part of life I suppose. :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Dude, I took my niece to see Green Day and Blink 182 :drool: they are so hot, anyway, I was hoping blink would open and we could leave before green day, but gd opened...holy crap...like you, I was not a big gd fan, and I haven't bought a gd cd since dookie either...they f'n ROCKED the place. They put on probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. At one point, that song...don't know what it's called but it starts out with Hey Mister can you blah blah blah blah...are you in a hurry...well in the middle of that song, billy jo asked who could play guitar and brought a guy up on stage and handed over his guitar...then he asked for a bass player, and a drummer...then green day walked off the stage...it was really cool...they came back after a minute, but that was really cool. they really did blow me away and I went to that show saying godDAMN I don't wanna sit through GD. They impressed me.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
dh girlie said:
Dude, I took my niece to see Green Day and Blink 182 :drool: they are so hot, anyway, I was hoping blink would open and we could leave before green day, but gd opened...holy crap...like you, I was not a big gd fan, and I haven't bought a gd cd since dookie either...they f'n ROCKED the place. They put on probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. At one point, that song...don't know what it's called but it starts out with Hey Mister can you blah blah blah blah...are you in a hurry...well in the middle of that song, billy jo asked who could play guitar and brought a guy up on stage and handed over his guitar...then he asked for a bass player, and a drummer...then green day walked off the stage...it was really cool...they came back after a minute, but that was really cool. they really did blow me away and I went to that show saying godDAMN I don't wanna sit through GD. They impressed me.
They've done that at pretty every time I've seen them. They are about as good as it gets live. They were definately on last night.

Jeremy sorry I missed your call about going to the show, we tailgated with beer and doritos. What? you didn't call me? Oh that's how it is cecil, I mean Jeremy. :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
DRB said:
They've done that at pretty every time I've seen them. They are about as good as it gets live. They were definately on last night.

Jeremy sorry I missed your call about going to the show, we tailgated with beer and doritos. What? you didn't call me? Oh that's how it is cecil, I mean Jeremy. :D
Oops. I should have expected that you were there. My bad. It would have cool to hang out. I was with my wife and another couple in the stands.
I felt like I was being held back with restraints. I wanted on the floor so bad.

And Dh Girlie, that part ruled.
The cat they brought up last night to play guitar would not get off the stage, he thought he was a rock star. During the song, he cocked his head back, and spit on the stage. It was great. When it was over, Billy Jo gave him a guitar to get him to leave and said, "Get your loony azz, off of my stage!"

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
what did they play? mostly new-ish stuff, or did they go back to the 1039, Kerplunk, and Shenanigan tunes, also? there are about 10 - 15 songs i'd really, really love to see them play live.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
the Inbred said:
what did they play? mostly new-ish stuff, or did they go back to the 1039, Kerplunk, and Shenanigan tunes, also? there are about 10 - 15 songs i'd really, really love to see them play live.
They played a bunch of songs from American Idiot, a couple from Dookie, and then just mixed up the rest. They did a rendition of Queen's We are the Champions and a rendition of Shout. It was a long set with plenty of variety.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
Oops. I should have expected that you were there. My bad. It would have cool to hang out. I was with my wife and another couple in the stands.
I felt like I was being held back with restraints. I wanted on the floor so bad.
Ah, my wife stayed at home with Willow and I didn't drive so it was pretty much a free for all last night. I slept on the couch cause I was unable to negotiate the stairs.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Jeremy R said:
but they totally kick azz in concert!
Oh yeah, on a sidenote,

yeah man i go to alot of smaller indie shows and there are tons of chicks that try this ****, the skinny ones look great :heart: :drool: , but the chubby ones just need to stop :dead:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Would someone look on their CD and see what the credits are for Holiday - who wrote the lyrics and music. I swear I've heard that song before...

Now - does anyone have a copy of 88 Lines about 44 Women? DH Girlie is mentioned in it once.... :dancing:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I got my thumbnail ripped off at a green day show in Oakland in 1994. Good stuff! My brother also got pulled out of the crowd and played guitar at one of their larger shows at a festival in about 1995 I think....